What's For Dinner #83 - the I Scream, You Scream Edition - July 2022

Just noticed there were 2 slices of Mirugai in the mix!!

1 Like

I love hamachi. And the belly? Swoon.

1 Like

i said RE-discovered.

4 Likes

Salmon and shrimp chowder with homemade oyster crackers.

22 Likes

Grilled chicken fajitas, fresh corn salad with avocado, radishes, green onion, sherry vinegar and oo dressing. Tequila.

18 Likes

Mrs. P made pulled duck leg confit salad with various fresh fruit, ginger, radishes, mini peppers, mini cucumbers, arugula, sautéed red onions, topped with hoisin sauce and shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese (not pictured). It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

16 Likes

Khao kha moo - Thai braised pork leg with rice, with broccolini, boiled egg, preserved mustard greens, and chili garlic vinegar sauce.

21 Likes

Steak Frites. Filet cooked medium rare, grilled asparagus, homemade French Fries.

Tito’s rocks to drink.

23 Likes

Mea culpa, doll face.

Last night’s dinner at an Asian night market included bbq’d squid, bbq’d oysters, scallion pancake and dumplings. The squid was my favourite.

18 Likes

Fettuccine with poached cod (in a mixture of olive oil, pasta water, scallions and capers) with oven-roasted grape tomatoes and a lot of parsley

13 Likes

We DoorDashed tacos in tonight. Hit the spot even if they were lukewarm.

16 Likes

Picked up another dozen ears of local corn at my farm stand today. The drought is definitely affecting the size. But still pretty good.

Two small ones were nuked for 4 minutes in-husk, then stripped of the husk and silk. The rest will be stripped from their cobs for freezing for wintertime meals and the cobs will be used for yet more corn stock.

Mozzarella Bacon Cheeseburger on a lightly toasted Brioche bun with ketchup on the bottom, and homemade crispy dark potato chips leftover from a company lunch this past Thursday.

Wine. And A/C. Thank goodness.

22 Likes

Boneless pork chops seared and then simmered in a beer and bbq sauce, spicy Moroccan carrots. Mixed greens and romaine salad with snap peas, avocado, baby bell, red onion, honey mustard dressing. G&T and negroni.

18 Likes

Leftover lamb kebabs with the works.

18 Likes
4 Likes

Too soon for another chicken cutlet? This time with arroz con gandules as I am potato-ed out.

Whiskey Ginger (Fever Tree refreshingly light ginger beer) to drink.

21 Likes

You’re having a great night!

2 Likes

Every night is a great night is you have a bottle of gin.

5 Likes

My great nights are too frequent!

3 Likes