What's For Dinner #82 - June 2022 - the Scary Campfire Stories and Sticky S'Mores Month

Pan seared salmon with cilantro lemon yogurt sauce and sautéed haricots verts with Sriracha. I overcooked the salmon accidentally, much to DH’S delight - he prefers all sea creatures medium well. At least the crispy skin was perfection!

21 Likes

Linda I wish you could at least have a little grill on your terrace. Your meals would be even more amazing I think

Nice gone with the wind ref.

1 Like

Applewood-smoked tri-tip on the Big Green Egg. Lemony mac salad with olives and herbs. Leafy greens in vinaigrette. All good stuff - looking forward to the leftovers already.

Lettuces, dill, scallion and parsley from the garden.

21 Likes

Penne alla gricia

20 Likes

We enjoyed a nice al fresco dinner on the deck on a beautiful evening. Mrs. P made a grilled shrimp salad over arugula with various fresh fruit, fresh grilled figs, and mini peppers with a balsamic syrup for herself. For me she made a Cajun dry rubbed hamburger with bleu cheese and grilled onions, with mini peppers and those delicious grilled figs on the side. She also made guacamole and chips. It all went great with an excellent Gigondas.

22 Likes

Simples (well for me anyway!) The BF made a clean-out the fridge dinner, with parm sausages, a salad with hot bacon dressing, and a fabulous gratin with whatever cheese we had lurking in the fridge. a little too much salt as a combo - i didn’t eat the sausage - but the gratin was fantastic.

23 Likes

An old standby for me

14 Likes

Beautiful - I love the multi-colored chairs around the fire pit!

1 Like

Spent some time at work this morning dealing with the aftermath of National Grid deciding to shut off power last night to our part of my office complex…with no notice to property management. :rage:

After encountering a rude woman at my local Market Basket supermarket while restocking my fridge with my shopping list items, I decided comfort food was in order.

Baked Mac and Ham and Cheese and a small salad. Feeds the freezer; feeds me.

Several glasses of wine during preparation and with dinner.

26 Likes

Sorry you had such a crappy day. Macaroni, cheese, and ham along with wine are the perfect solution. Hope they helped!

6 Likes

Mmmmm. Sorry someone was rude. My usually calm wegmans got ugly during the worst of the lock down. A woman rammed me pretty good with her cart. Rather than cussing her out like I wanted to I did my patented shriek of pain. She grudgingly apologied. There were many witnesses or she probably would not have. Gah.

3 Likes

TY for the recipe @retrospek - That T of lemon juice sounds like the perfect amount for us - another lemon-loving couple. We’ll need to reheat extras just as you do, so using the feta to garnish each serving is a great idea.

1 Like

WOW - with colorful meals and a seating area like that at home, why go out?

4 Likes

Um, yum.

1 Like

Still camping. Leftover mapo tofu with rice as a quickie meal after drinks out. Back to reality soon :sob:

16 Likes

Several , is a must on days like this .

2 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ including dry aged strip steak, soft shell crab, lobster crab cake, sweet corn agnolotti, and espresso sambuca gelato. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and red blend.

11 Likes

Pan roasted chicken thighs. Lemony pasta salad with herbs. Garden greens in vinaigrette.

19 Likes

The Garden/All in the Golden Afternoon Lyrics

FLOWERS:
Little bread-and-butterflies kiss the tulips
And the sun is like a toy balloon
There are get up in the morning glories
In the golden afternoon

There are dizzy daffodils on the hillside
Strings of violets are all in tune
Tiger lilies love the dandy lions
In the golden afternoon
(The golden afternoon)
There are dog and caterpillars and the copper centipede
Where the lazy daisies love the very peaceful life
They lead…

You can learn a lot of things from the flowers
For especially in the month of June
There’s a wealth of happiness and romance
All in the golden afternoon

All in the golden afternoon
The golden afternoon…

ALICE:
You can learn a lot of things from the flowers
For especially in the month of June
There’s a wealth of happiness and romance
All-

FLOWERS:
The golden afternoon! https://genius.com/Walt-disney-records-the-garden-all-in-the-golden-afternoon-lyrics#:~:text=You%20can%20learn%20a%20lot%20of%20things%20from,June%20There's%20a%20wealth%20of%20happiness%20and%20romance

4 Likes