What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

It’s a clematis, I know my plants. I am a retired nurseryperson.

6 Likes

When I woke up today my lily of the valley had perfumed the air. There are some directly under my living room window. The larger pink/purple ones are waving to me too. #swoon

4 Likes

I am not at screen shot-ing. But… I will take a picture of the book for you and PM you. Just give me a few hours as I have some things going on in a few that will take a bit.

1 Like

Yum

1 Like

Yes, same meal as a week ago… I have an odd craving for bengali mustard salmon :sweat_smile: it ain’t pretty but it’s tasty!

Made some fresh quinoa+basmati rice, and finished the zucchini dal from last week.

16 Likes

OK, I just fell in love with your kitty and birdie metal sculptures, @gcaggiano! :heart: And your peaceful garden/backyard looks like a wonderful respite from the world!

1 Like

Leftovers are the best comfort food!

1 Like

After hitting the beer garden yesterday we thought it might be time for some home-cooked food, so I picked up an organic chickie boob & shrooms to be pan-fried/sautéed, and salad fixins for a side… then Ms. Impatience ovah heah wiped out on her scooter and is now not feeling like making anything, except for lots of angry noises hahahaha.

And so we’ll be hitting a hipster Thai place nearby to check it out, bc F cooking tonight :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thank you. I am going to try this.

1 Like

In the western hemisphere, I know its popular amongst the Brits, French and Spanish but I seldom see it features in North American menu?! I only saw it once and that was in Frilu - a Nordic/Japanese fusion restaurant in Toronto!

Thank you. We were in HomeGoods and they were too outrageous to pass up!

1 Like

Tonight’s Thai food in the hood.

Shared the Supercilious Skin (crispy chicken skin sautéed with tamarind sauce, cashews, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, water chestnuts and Thai basil)

Karma Carla (crispy salt & pepper calamari with scallions, crispy garlic, Thai chile & house sauce)

In Pork we trust tacos (grilled lemongrass pork, iceberg, mint, chopped peanuts, crispy onions, cilantro, chili-lime sauce)

and Ducking Delicious (lab ped).

The lab was probably the best dish of them all, but everything was good. I do prefer my Thai food a lil punchier (as in MOAR heat, more acid, more salt) like we get at the Thai park, and none of the dishes would make me return. Drinks were a tasty Prenzlauer Mule for me, and a freshly draught Warsteiner for my companion.

Martinis in our spiffy new glasses at home for dessert :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was old an school hamburger casserole. A little ground beef with zucchini, tomato, onion, green pepper, celery, and tomato with a little dried basil for good measure. Rice on the side. Rosee on the side.

21 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was Cumin Lamb

Georgian Lobio there are some recipes in this thread: Beans, beans, beans…. (bean and walnut stew)

And veg with oyster sauce & mirin.

And maroulosalata.

18 Likes

I brined a chicken in salted buttermilk (and ranch mix and lemon pepper), dusted it with Spicewalla’s honey-herb rub, and roasted over CSA beets and turnip. Braised CSA mustard greens on the side (what’s the most appetizing way to prepare these?) and garden spinach, of which I may never tire.

19 Likes

Mmmmm I’m strong to the finish cuz I eat me spinach. Love spinach! https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=popeye+the+sailor+man&fr=yfp-t&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSpecial%3AFilePath%2FPopeye_the_Sailor.png#id=-1&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FSpecial%3AFilePath%2FPopeye_the_Sailor.png&action=click

1 Like

Filet of wagyu beef on the grill. Garden asparagus.

22 Likes

Tonight was an asparagus risotto, made with asparagus broth from many woody ends of asparagus that I had collected this year and last. Also pork tenderloin cutlets, in a wine and chicken broth gravy.

21 Likes

Looks really good!

1 Like

The amount of butter, cream, and cheese added were not insubstantial :slight_smile: But I had to feed my kid well - he is taking an AP in the morning!

6 Likes