What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

You’re the best.

8 Likes

Quick dinner: mixed some Target Good & Organic Honey-Mustard dressing with Mike’s Hot Honey, dried thyme, and some olive oil and poured it over a small b/s chicken breast.

Into the oven at 350° for 40 minutes, basting occasionally. Sliced and served on leftover rice pilaf with some of the sauce on top, with green beans alongside.

Wine. And hoping I can get my errands done tomorrow morning before the heat and humidity kicks in for the entire weekend. Because I don’t do 97+° weather unless I’m inside in AC.

20 Likes

Dinner tonight is my first ever attempt at whole fish - rainbow trout. I followed this recipe for Sautéed Whole Trout With White Wine And Sage - https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sauteed-whole-trout-with-sage-and-white-wine and it came out excellent! Got the trout from Wulf’s Fish, here in the Boston area.

Not included in the pic are the steamed red potatoes and roasted green beans we had with the fish. Also great!

22 Likes

Where do you get the idea that knives aren’t allowed? They’re not needed for this.

last night’s French Dips-ish, by the BF, with his potato salad and a green salad - too much, i didn’t touch the tater salad as I knew it would keep. And tonight he made kimchi pork rice bowls - my kimchi (we’re really going through this last batch quickly, since we got the wok) and more of that thinly sliced pork shoulder (meant for shabu shabu). spinach wilted with the pork too, and various other Japanese/Korean pickled items, crispy egg for me, not-crispy for him.

22 Likes

I almost got chinese takeout from the place around the corner because I was down for the count after my booster.

BUT… I had bought groceries I was excited about… so I rallied to cook.

Seared sesame-crusted tuna, pureed cauliflower, and wasabi butter peas. Immensely satisfying, with leftovers. Cauliflower was the star (but that might be because I have been craving it).

Last night I cooked as well, again mostly out of ingredient guilt. But I’m happy to eat my cooking, so it worked out :slight_smile:

Turkish stewed green beans, Bengali mustard salmon (I KNOW! But I changed it up a bit, making the coconut milk sauce version instead of the instant one), and the last bit of quinoa-rice to sop up the sauce. I do love those green beans, but the combination was a bit odd.

21 Likes

nice boid!

2 Likes

Lovely spring day, I do believe there will be more before summer arrives. Pizza for dinner. Stonefire thin crust smeared with roasted garlic and garlic alfredo sauce, chopped blsl chicken thighs and shallots roasted in garlic oil, asparagus, baby bells, a dusting of parm and chiffonade of basil. Mixed greens salad, tomato, cucumber, red onion, oo balsamic dressing. Wine

19 Likes

Wagyu beef on the grill. Sauteed mushrooms with some garden spinach. Leftover smashed potatoes were optional. A little brandied dried fruit for dessert.

20 Likes

Pork rillettes from freezer with baguette, coarse grain mustard, and cornichons.

22 Likes

“Homemade pizza bread and left over stir fry. See the full story here.

14 Likes

Have been craving good grilled chicken, so dinner tonight is a spatchcocked, dry brined pasture raised bird, seasoned with TJ Ajika seasoning, grilled on our little propane Weber Q220 :yum:. Good white corn on the cob & a salad of chopped cauliflower, yellow zuke, red onion, garlic, Italian parsley & tomato dressed with olive oil & lemon juice. Altogether a very satisfying meal :heart:

21 Likes

@ChristinaM - you are the bomb. Know that.

A thoughtful meal, offered with hope and choices is way more powerful than you know.

Thank you and, carry on!

4 Likes

Awww kitty! Stay cool!

Happy Victoria Day.

1 Like

Last night’s dinner was pan fried Korean short ribs wrapped in a lettuce leaf with sriracha and sliced tomato and fiddleheads on the side.

19 Likes

@piragde mentioned that there are no knives in a post from March 2017.

https://www.hungryonion.org/t/recommendations-for-berlin-and-hamburg/8812/6

2 Likes

From the sounds of their post, they seemed to have a few more … unusual issues that made it difficult for them to consume the chicken like everyone else, including myself: with their hands :slight_smile:

I don’t even use the fork for the chicken, just the potato salad. Sometimes it’s good to go native.

1 Like

Another light dinner: asparagus soup from the supermarket, augmented with 3 stalks of asparagus cut into coins and par-boiled, s&p, and fresh parsley.

A salad I first had many moons ago at an Italian restaurant in my hometown that was run by a dude from Bologna. It doesn’t get much simpler than this, but the combination is truly fab: arugula tossed with lemon oil, s&p, fresh ground parmesan & topped with poached shrimp. Sofa king good :slight_smile:

21 Likes

This was dinner a couple of nights ago, or at least a part of it.

From top to bottom:

Steamed Chinese broccoli (or “gai lan”)

Red braised pork spare ribs, with carrots, daikon and hard boiled eggs

Stir fried zucchini with yellow and red bell peppers

Stir-fried cauliflower with tomatoes.

f

20 Likes