What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Awwww all sounds delightful. Sucks about the temp crown but will you say, checkers style, “king me” when you get the permanent crown? Please?

1 Like

Chicken Fricassée with tarragon, asparagus and a romaine wedge with blue cheese dressing and bacon.

24 Likes

Sugar snaps and…salmon!

Surprise!

22 Likes

Oh, wow. That calls to me!!

1 Like

Pad Thai (using a CI recipe) with shrimps, bean sprouts, radishes, eggs, rice noodles, scallions and peanuts with a sauce made from fish sauce, tamarind paste, sugar and white wine vinegar.

20 Likes

Trip to Restaurant Depot this morning means salmon burgers for dinner (I always buy a whole side of Faroe Islands salmon there and cut it into filets at home - the trimmings are perfect for burgers). Seasoned with dill and coriander, served with lime-jalapeno crema and roasted broccoli.

26 Likes

They look amazing.

1 Like

Picture of the mussels. Look fat and fabulous. Like mine who I purchase from Washington. The best.

I only ran into romaine as a wedge a few years ago & I still can’t manage to remember to make it at home. Maybe your usage will prod my memory better! It looks mouth wateringly good to me.

Last night’s dinner was a kale salad followed by chicken caccitore.

21 Likes

Ouch, sorry about that temporary crown falling off. Obviously you’ve powered through to prepare delicious food for your loved ones.

Of course you are aware that we’re going to need more pics of your cute new pup, Rooney. Congratulations on adding to your pack!

6 Likes

It was and it was my first. My only option at the store was a 5 pack of Little Gems, so I will be eating a lot of romaine. It was delicious and there will be more.

5 Likes

Pork method/recipe, please! :pray:t2:

Here you go.

I think the only thing I did differently was to add more chilies.

1 Like

Wow, yum!

I love Little Gems - I can buy them solo in the organic section at Kroger’s when I visit my mother in Ohio. They’re the perfect size for the 2 of us. Haven’t found them on Cape Cod.

4 Likes

Yesterday (Friday) was a day of fiddly food. It was one of ‘my’ days to cook (we worked out a rotation). I don’t commute much these days, so I had time and energy to make more laborious food yesterday.

There were besan ke cheele for breakfast.
Dinner was kati rolls.

For the filling I used Butler’s soy curls, soaked w/ veggie bouillon, turmeric, red chilli powder. Then coated in chickpea flour + rice flour + AP flour and spices and roasted on a very hot CI pan to get a char.
Also some grilled sliced onions and bell peppers and sliced tomatoes and lettuce. All these needed to be used up.

Wraps were TJ habanero lime tortillas. They looked red but were not very spicy, just a mild flavour.

To assemble, I heated one tortilla. While it was on the pan, I painted a stripe of green chutney down the middle, added the fillings, folded the bottom and sides to wrap, and glued these shut w/ a little cheese.

Dips were green chutney, tamarind chutney, yogurt.

Pretty good, if I say so myself, though they came out more flat than round.

23 Likes

You got it.

2 Likes

Welcome to getting older!

1 Like

Tons of errands done today.
Lots of stores visited.
Lots of purchases.
Including my every-five-weeks purchase of dry scallops from Wegmans for dinner.

A light lemon-tarragon white wine sauce drizzled on top of the scallops after a quick pan-sear in a bit of olive oil and butter, served on top of leftover herbed Basmati rice with a mixture of frozen peas and almost the last of the fresh corn from August 2021.

A sprinkle of fresh chives over all, and wine alongside.

26 Likes

Welp I had a hankering for a good steak (dear baby Jesus the price of steak these days!!) so I pay homage to my dear old favorite Peter Luger style steakhouse. My local butcher was out of porterhouse for the holidays but had a rib eye, I took it.
Sides include:
Mushrooms and onions a butter brandy reduction
Sautéed garlic broccoli
German home fried potatoes
Bernaise
Rib eye perfectly medium

Heaven! Beautiful night in Jersey! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

28 Likes