What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

One of my favorite dishes of all time. Never tried to replicate it home but you have inspired me @chiel.

2 Likes

Sorry. Guess you’ll have to wait for the good stuff in season. I make frozen corn with chopped green chiles and butter, and it’s pretty good. Maybe that can hold you over until the summer.

When I was a kid, my grandparents had a house in Bear Rocks, outside of Pittsburgh. We’d go up in the summer and stay for weeks. They would drive out to the local farm stands everyday and buy tons of corn on the cob. My job was to husk it. It was so good (except for the caterpillars I had to pick off).

4 Likes

Depends on who’s asking and if he owes you money.

1 Like

@Amandarama

Thanks to you that chicken and green bean recipe is now in our permanent rotation. Loved it.

That’s so great to hear! Yay!

That’s Junior alright! My chowhound name was givemecarbs but my wfd handle was errr he he still is maybe Audrey S. Daly. You still hitting the u peel shrimp I hope?

1 Like

@BeefeaterRocks & @mariacarmen - do either of you have a favorite (sharable) albóndigas recipe? It looks like it is right in my wheelhouse.

2 Likes

There was rice… no fries; I’m not really a fan of fried foods (no idea why but it is what it is.)

ETA: okay … @honkman & @jellybean - I will concede fries next time & use the SE recipe. Seriously, thanks for the additional information.

2 Likes

Wagyu burgers on the grill. Homemade ciabatta roll for a bun. 1000 Island for the dressing. Lettuce and pickled cukes from the garden.

21 Likes

This is the one I use. For the meatballs I use cilantro instead of mint. For the soup I’ve never used tomato paste, I use sazon and keeping it low carb I don’t use potatoes nor have I used green beans.

5 Likes

Sauteed chicken breast with creamy mushroom sauce. Roasted brussels and carrots. Tomato, cucumber and onion salad, o&v dressing.

19 Likes

i don’t, but i looked at these two…

i’d probably do some combo of both of these…

4 Likes

I made an impromptu dish with orzo tonight… I guess scampi inspired? Had prawns, scallops and orzo cooked with shallots, garlic, butter, chili, pepper, white wine, etc.

orzo

24 Likes

oh, i like Isabel Eats!

Audrey, the use of green beans reminds me of our friend Alex’s fabulous guisado. I would definitely consider using them in this. and mint seems to be a common thread in the recipes i posted too.

3 Likes

that’s a gorgeous dish!

3 Likes

Big fat ribeye (reverse sear) with a big fat steamed artichoke. I made my mother’s traditional dipping sauce for the artichoke (mayo, mustard, vinegar and a pinch of sugar) and dressed the steak with rendered fat and browned butter from the pan. Simple and satisfying.

14 Likes

BF again. I bought Mamma Emma gnocchi, and he made a carbonara with them. Even thought they kinda fell apart on him, this was a really good dish - very homey, comforting. Better yet, he sauteed endive low and slow, added butter to brown, then dressed them with apple cider vinegar, lemon, a little sugar, parm and parsley. Wowza. And my favorite, roasted red bell pepper with anchovies and capers.

24 Likes

Best meal I’ve had in a while! BF made Carne Guisada, using his mom’s sofrito (she gave us a big container to freeze). So much flavor. I contributed the rice and gandules while he did the tostones. I’m in heaven.

To drink: he had beer while I made a Daiquiri. Not quite “Hemingway” because I didn’t have grapefruit juice on hand but I did add some Luxardo. Cheers!

26 Likes

I haven’t have corn in a while. A little bit scared for the meh.

1 Like