What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Trying this again:

I love ras el hanout it’s such a nice blend.
The best part is that you don’t have to cook it and can just sprinkle it on your eggs.
@ChristinaM Love your WFDT !

2 Likes

I never thought to put ras al hanout on eggs! I’ve always used it to season lamb or chicken.

1 Like

Try it I might convert you !

1 Like

I use ras al hanout to make a tomato sauce, served with lamb meatballs as quasi Iskendar Kabob.

3 Likes

Glad the soaking worked out for you!

2 Likes

A while a back a friend of ours gave us a present of some halibut his daughter caught in Alaska. I completely forgot about it until I saw some for sale the other day for more than $28/pound. I mixed potatoes, marinated artichokes, olive salad, and cherry tomatoes, roasted them for about 15 minutes, and then added the fish. I kept the fish fairly unseasoned to make sure it wasn’t overwhelmed by the stronger flavors. Basil and minced Meyer lemons were tossed in after cooking to add brightness.

24 Likes

The PNW cannot decide what it wants weather-wise today, so between sun-breaks and downpour, we make chile-roasted chicken. I cook this in a cast-iron pan with a layer of thinly sliced potatoes lining the pan…it’s delicious and straddles the fence of winter and spring. A delicious glass (or two) of Merlot, courtesy of Foundry Vineyards of Walla Walla, WA.

20 Likes

Just curious. Your chicken looks fantastic! I’m looking at other recipes, and they take a much shorter time. Is yours 2 hours at 300? I trust you more than some random web site - thanks!

1 Like

NYT’s shrimp and bean stew with spring leeks, paprika, lemon and garlic. As I have a lot of nice spinach and scallions on hand, I added those to the dish, as well. Toasted stirato for mopping things up.

Leeks, spinach and scallions from the garden.

20 Likes

Chicken Kyiv, sauteed garlicky green beans with aleppo pepper, mixed green salad with grated hard boiled egg, bacon and the ubiquitous sweet and sour dressing.

26 Likes

Chicken Kyiv, sauteed garlicky green beans with aleppo pepper, mixed green salad with grated hard boiled egg, bacon and the ubiquitous sweet and sour dressing.

This looks and sounds amazing!

6 Likes

Mortadella, provolone and broccoli rabe panini from Milk Street Tuesday Nights Mediterranean. Very good!

21 Likes

Thank you, I was so happy when the butter came spurting out like it was supposed to.

6 Likes

Egg fried rice with shrimp, ham, and peas

21 Likes

Yes. 3lb chicken. Was cooked just right. (I will say, I’m in a rental and have never checked/calibrated the oven here.)

2 Likes

Pork tacos on a flour tortilla with a tropical fruit salsa. I wish my salsa had a little more heat so I might add in more jalapeño or serrano before I make more. I only have one small container of pork in the freezer left from the 150lb pig roast. And I’m kinda sad about it.

19 Likes

Good to see you here!

1 Like

Ok I think that we are “Sisters from another Mister” Tacos :white_check_mark:

1 Like

@articshark, Glad that you had time to join us a pleasure to see you here Dawn!

1 Like

Yeah, tacos are my jam.

3 Likes