What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Yea, you like that? :wink:

1 Like

I would never in a thousand years come up with that!!

1 Like

I’m diving in

Wowza

2 Likes

After all these years of chasing my white whale . I am getting closer . Flavor was spot on . Light and crunchy. Could be a little lighter in the crust . Next time I will omit the egg whites . Slaw , with beans .Cheers.

18 Likes

So creative, @ChristinaM. Never would have thought of using picadillo in a cottage pie. Thanks to you, now I will.

2 Likes

Your creativity is boundless! Just amazing.

5 Likes

Moar poached eggs!!! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

20 Likes

Hey - who let this guy in? :laughing:

Nice to see you here!

2 Likes

They’ll let anyone in this group :rofl: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: so true.

Especially if they put a poached egg on something

9 Likes

Tuesday was fat so I am having taco Thursday. Peruvian chicken, radish, green onion, cotija cheese, cilantro and aji verde. Pinquito beans and a plate of avocado, jalapeno and olives.

20 Likes

what are you trying to say? :laughing:

17 Likes

That gorgeous yolk .

3 Likes

BF took over my plans for dinner tonight: Leftover 2 year old Taiwanese beef broth from freezer, sauteed beef chuck and then simmered it in the broth, steamed and seasoned yu choy, with fresh Chinese-style noodles. Toppings were your choice of pickle-y things - Chinese, Japanese, & Korean (we take liberties), cilantro, radishes, scallions, red jalapenos, etc. Beef was tender as could be, and so flavorful.

20 Likes

found a guy by my sister’s that sells fresh from his backyard chickens!

6 Likes

Italian sausage and air fried sweet potato wedges.

12 Likes

Steak frites with sous-vide hanger steak and simple pan sauce.

20 Likes

OK, credit where credit is due - this recipe sent me down the rabbit hole: https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/08/24/caribbean-cottage-pie-recipe/

4 Likes