What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

That looks like one fine sandwich - yum!

4 Likes

The chances if me finding it in my little corner of the world are zero, zilch, zip, nada!

1 Like

Indian inspired lamb stew with lacinato kale (half of it braised with the meat, the other briefly sautéed and added at the end). Sauce included turmeric, cumin, ginger, garlic, coriander and cinnamon and was finished with yoghurt and a little bit of lemon juice. Served with some freshly made whole wheat chapati

12 Likes

We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at The Poached Pear in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, including an excellent mushroom appetizer with a flaky phyllo dough crust; octopus and shrimp salad; the always awesome asparagus fries; apple cider brined pork chop; parmesan and toasted almond crusted halibut with basil pesto mashed potatoes. It all went great with an excellent Syrah and Gigondas.

13 Likes

A local pizza place does a delicious potato pizza. The other ingredients are fennel scented sausage crumbles, caramelized onion, gorgonzola crumbles, rosemary, and a balsamic reduction drizzle.

4 Likes

Chicken fajitas tonight, heavy on the veggies (peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Side of sauteed zucchini w/Tajín.

15 Likes

Beef stroganoff, asparagus, tomato, onion, cucumber salad with v&oo dressing. Wine

13 Likes

Another chile relleno with rice and beans.

21 Likes

Salad with baby arugula, oven-roasted red peppers, garbanzo beans, avocado and sautéed chorizo with a simple olive oil, sherry vinegar and sherry vinaigrette - finished with a fried egg

17 Likes

That looks SO good. Did you reference a recipe?

Korean Paleo Tacos w/ a kiwi avocado salsa is what was for my dinner tonight.

20 Likes

Looks wonderful. Welcome to WFD @articshark !!

7 Likes

I forgot to say Korean SHRIMP Paleo tacos. lol

And thank you for the welcome. I have been lurking for a while now.

9 Likes

So glad you delurked!!

3 Likes

Mouthwatering! What type of tortillas?

1 Like

I’m sorry we do not allow Paleo diet dishes on this site. (joke) That looks fantastic! Looking forward to future meals!

1 Like

Mr. Tortilla’s whole wheat ones. I just didn’t feel like making my own and these are easy even if they have a lot of stuff in them. Mr. Tortilla’s Whole Wheat

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Haven’t post for a while in WFD, due to boring repetitive meals and a busy schedule.

Tried to make Peking Duck on Sunday, inspired by the videos on the restaurant Li Qun Roast Duck Restaurant in Beijing. From the various videos, their method is to apply hot water to the uncooked duck to prepare the skin, then apply a kind of syrup. Then I let the bird dried out a day in the fridge. And prepare a broth inspired by a recipe I had as Li Qun’s broth is a top secret. The broth is poured into inside the duck during the wood fire cooking. Result, not bad, but felt more a smoked duck than a Peking duck! I think the way the fire is used made a lot of difference, probably a smaller flame is preferred.

24 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward for your delicious meals in WFD!