What's for Dinner #76 - the HO "Ho, Ho, Ho" Edition - December 2021

Thank you!

And the leftovers, as a late night snack. BF pan-fried them. Went great with my martini.

19 Likes

Both versions look fabulous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

thanks! nothing like a porky dumpling.

4 Likes

words to live by!

2 Likes

With the leftover uncooked dumpling filling from last night, i loosely followed a recipe for pork mince noodles with hoisin and sichuan peppercorns. Very good!

BF’s dish on the right. And he went back for 2nds! Lucky bastard still has a metabolism. :sob:

21 Likes

Mrs. P made Cajun dry rubbed hamburgers, topped with blue cheese, sautéed onions, and mushroom, on a bed of arugula and sautéed mini peppers. We had a side of Trade Joe’s sweet potato fries, and started off with homemade guacamole and chips. It all went great with an excellent Malbec.

16 Likes

Coq au vin, parsley egg noodles, tomato, cucumber, onion salad with balsamic and oo dressing. Warm roll and butter. Wine.

19 Likes

It’s the end of the week (yay!). I caught someone plagiarizing (boo!). So, favorite foods. clams, artichoke, bagel & smoked steelhead trout, deviled eggs. And almost definitely my last balcony tomato, a pink Berkeley that looks green but is ripe (and pink on the bottom).
dinner

tomato

21 Likes

Called my friend. Asked her if she wanted to come over and bag some cheese . 24 month parmesan. Meaning , slice into segments, vacuum seal and freeze . Perfect . Dried wild mushrooms with polenta. Mussels and clams. Cheers .

18 Likes

Yum! And love your bowls!

2 Likes

thanks!

i’ll come over and help next time!

4 Likes

Pad Thai with rice noodles, shrimps, green beans, tofu, mung bean sprouts, eggs, peanuts, fish sauce, brown sugar, (and a little bit too much) tamarind

16 Likes

I remember when Biondanomina was in Berlin for a stint years ago :slight_smile:

Wow! Look who’s still around here!

1 Like

Did you smoke the steelhead yourself?

No, it’s from these guys: https://www.hudsonvalleyfisheries.com/collections/all-products?gclid=CjwKCAiAtdGNBhAmEiwAWxGcUlzanQ7yMt7DxtH9fsBt9-JNFxH4sV1N5gZMiXBwtHDIRIPB1KUQyhoCpVUQAvD_BwE

1 Like

@small_h absolutely everything on that website looks fabulous! Is it as good as it all looks??

The lox is awesome, and they sold a kit (I don’t see it now) that held two trout fillets, a pepper seasoning packet, and a cedar plank. That was also very good, but it came with this gross sweet honey dijon/mustard/horseradish sauce that I’m still trying to work my way through (I actually dipped the artichoke in it the last night, which was not terrible). So, other than the gross sauce, everything I’ve had I would recommend.

2 Likes

Too bad they’re not on Goldbelly. But I signed up for the 50% discount just in case :slight_smile:

3 Likes