What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

Looks like perfection from here. Be right there to get a slice (kidding!)

1 Like

It looks fabulous!! Did you add the optional potatoes?

2 Likes

Dinner for a rainy day. Red wine braised short ribs, shiitakes, leeks, carrots, celery, garlic, roasted garlic BTB, thyme/rosemary/parsley, and a little tomato paste, simmered for 2+ hours yesterday. Creamy polenta with parm regg. Hit the spot, big time. More asparagi because we have it.

oh, ETA: also a teaspoon of Maille Old Style (whole grain) Mustard stirred in at the end. Gives it a real pop.

26 Likes

There certainly were enough leftovers for you to have some!

1 Like

Yes! And I felt they made all the difference adding some firmness to the bottom. On a whim I used canned potatoes and they worked perfectly well.

4 Likes

Thanks, this is definitely going on my list for this winter.

3 Likes

Leftovers! :smiley: Like @GretchenS, that moussaka recipe is going on my list.

3 Likes

Me too! Delicious @gcaggiano

3 Likes

Long time I didn’t cook with red wine, it’s time now. Your ribs looked good!

4 Likes

I made it slightly smaller. For portrait photo, the default size is 525x700 pixels. Now I’ve changed it to 400x535. Let me know if It’s good for you.

If you know a bit of coding, you can edit to change the numbers in bold yourself, be careful not to introduce any space if you are doing this.

! [20211101_202727|400x533](upload://J50BRaSEEFdmXwvOXTqoYCR1fh. jpeg)

4 Likes

going to try this soon!

1 Like

Looks wonderful.

1 Like

Wegmans pumpkin and cheese mezzelune with a peppery Alfredo sauce. The pepper complemented the sweetness of the pumpkin.

18 Likes

Arroz con gandules con pernil y broccolini.

16 Likes

Leftovers of the spaghetti & meatballs/sausage extravaganza, plus a salad of romaine, Asian pear, creamy marinated sheep/cow cheese, and shallots in a pom syrup vinaigrette.

17 Likes

luscious!

1 Like

Pluots, goat cheese
IMG_1366
Bouef carrotte, well kind of…
IMG_1368

17 Likes

Tried a new restaurant tonight! # 309 to be exact. I’ve given up doing the blog for lack of time, but I’ll still keep track of restaurants on social media and HO. We went to Chef Tan in Highland Park, NJ. BF and I came in out of the cold and rain to hot tea and spicy food. The menu is illustrated, descriptive, and large, consisting of both authentic Chinese and more Americanized dishes. There are plenty of items you could call “adventurous” such as various offal, nose-to-tail odds and ends, organ meats, whole fishes, frog, and even duck blood. But there are also plenty of “normal” options. We both had Sichuan style chicken dishes: his sautéed with lots of garlic and mine with tofu in a spicy, oily sauce. The Sichuan peppercorns provided that familiar mouth-numbing sensation. For appetizers, we shared wontons in chili oil and the crispiest scallion pancake I’ve ever had. This was excellent cuisine in a warm and inviting setting. I should have taken pics of the decor as well. Perfect place for a cold night! Would definitely return.

20 Likes

Oven roasted eggplants and potatoes spiced with cumin, coriander and chili over coconut rice.

14 Likes

Tuesday evening Shellfish & Mollusks “fiesta” …

12 Likes