What's For Dinner #74 - The Long "Fall Into Darkness, Warmth & Comfort" Edition - October 2021

Words to live by.

5 Likes

Asparagus, petrale, morels, vin jaune sauce

18 Likes

I had cauliflower piccata a friend made last weekend. So good!

1 Like

It’s such great stuff and easy to have on hand!

I heard we had 4-1/2 inches of rain Thursday. It’s raining again today and tomorrow ad infinitum.
Dinner was roasted biso chicken thigh with a pomegranate molasses sauce. Doctored up Near East couscous and a salad of mixed greens, Asian pear, celery, red onion, Point Reyes blue, honey mustard dressing.

IMG_3915

13 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ. We enjoyed an excellent filet mignon; tilefish; venison kofta; jambon and grilled strawberry salad; butternut squash risotto; flourless chocolate cake. It all went great with a couple of excellent cabernet sauvignons.

11 Likes

Those morels :heart_eyes:

Yes. Yes.

1 Like

Good heavens those scallops look awesome!

And, fun that you mentioned Penzeys. I have not ordered from them for years but a friends birthday gift request was to see if types of cinnamon really are different - so you bet I hit Penzeys and ordered a variety. And then nabbed small jars of their curry and seasoned salt on promotion while I was at it. Haven’t tried the curry yet but the seasoned salt was stunning. I will now also look for the Tuscan Sunset.

1 Like

Love piccata anything, plus cauli :heart::yum:

2 Likes

Lovely plating up.

1 Like

Picked these items from the freezer section . Beer battered fish pieces . Frozen fries. Cooked the fish in the oven on a sheet pan in some oil . Fries stovetop in oil . Would I cook this again yes . Satisfied
Tartar sauce , cocktail sauce, malt vinegar. Side of Cole slaw. Cheers .

15 Likes

Made lobster and cheesy grits at my sister’s. TJs Unexpected Cheddar in the grits. Tiny lobster tails partially steamed, cut up, then finished in Kerrygold butter, Slap Ya Mama, and Spanish smoked paprika. So good on a rainy evening.

16 Likes

WOW !!! Truly exceptional as always …

And the Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve ! My second favourite red grape wine. Truly a class act !

Have a wonderful Sunday.

1 Like

Ohhh, there’s definitely a difference! I currently have their Indonesian Korintje in my spice cabinet, but I’ve had the Vietnamese as well (I don’t recall having tried the China Tung Hing or the Ceylon). I’ll be interested to see what you think! How are you going to test the various types?

2 Likes

Thank you @Barca ! The food and wine was truly exceptional.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 Like

Had a nice fall date night on one of the few remaining water front out door dining available for the season. This is the Pearl restaurant at the Oyster Point Hotel in Red Bank NJ, this was also the location of my oldest child’s christening!!!

Started with Cesar salad and drunken clams (not pictured)

Entrees: porterhouse pork chop for me and a shrimp and scallop casserole for the wife, both excellent.

Glass of house red zin and a few martinis to compliment the evening.

20 Likes

@ccj I saw this podcast about Alpha Gal and thought it might interest you (and others here): https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cub21ueWNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2QvcGxheWxpc3QvYWFlYTRlNjktYWY1MS00OTVlLWFmYzktYTk3NjAxNDY5MjJiLzlhMTY1MTZkLWNkNmItNDI4ZS1hM2IzLWFhYzUwMTgxNzEwYS9iNGRiZjUyYy1kNzgzLTRkNGEtYWI1Ni1hYWM1MDE4MTcxMTQvcG9kY2FzdC5yc3M/episode/MmQyNzUxOTctNmIyZS00Y2E4LWFjMmYtYWQ4MzAwZmVkYTRj?ep=14

1 Like

Looks like Porto, in northern Portugal ! The views are stunning.

Nice dinner too.

1 Like

Pop culture reference for you, international rock-star Jon Bon-Jovi lives approximately 1 mile away on that water-way. The opposite coast-line is where Bruce Springsteen resides. Those are the most recognizable “locals” to the area, unfortunately John Stewart just sold and moved!

3 Likes