What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

This looks SO amazing!

1 Like

@Saregama Thanks so much for bringing this back up to the top of the pile. If everyone could make small changes in their kitchens everyday, I dream of what the collective “we” can achieve.

8 Likes

Fab! What was that egg dish?

3 Likes

ccj, I am thrilled to meet another “dome freak”! Yours are extraordinary! Ours are the clear, tea-shop variety. I have finally stopped accumulating them but agree that they are the age old way protect food.

9 Likes

ooh, i’ve never tried the Agostino Recca white anchovies, just the “regular” salted ones. need to find… hopefully by this Friday as I’m going to Stinson Beach again with friends for our annual get together (last month’s was a special bday edition!)

3 Likes

Ordered them on Amazon

1 Like

I live for these reports. Always epic (but no pressure, @mariacarmen). :wink:

4 Likes

yeah i won’t get them in time. i’ll see if i can find them nearby.

will try to not disappoint! but we have no real meal plan this time. however, the fancy french butter i went on and on about a couple weeks ago will play a starring role. :drooling_face:

and on Saturday we’re going to The Marshall Store for oysters!

4 Likes

Possibly Molinari Bros

1 Like

I started to become a dome freak for 3 years between 2016-2019 as I love the way the crystals sparkles especially he american brilliant and cut to clear crystals. I must have collected at least 10 domes, kept some permanently on my kitchen counter top and DR table for croissants taken out from freezer routinely the night before for breakfast , cakes, cookies and even my pies . I found them very functional. There is that small red dome EAPG ruby stain glass dish which I use to save my dips ( soy sauce, vinegar, garlic crush pepper ) or half a lime or lemon which I use often to spice my food. I see no reason to discard them if I plan to use them again the same day or the day after that does not require refrigeration. I finally gave up collecting as I run out of space in my china cabinets. I am glad someone else likes that idea. It is my small contribution for saving the planet !

3 Likes

Thanks. Maybe with the boating season winding down ( the boat had to be towed this past weekend, the fuel pump went kaput so he just told me he may winterize the boat ) However, that does not mean parties every weekend would end. I will try and ask him to instal DROPBOX.

I am computer illiterate esp since I also dislike wearing tasing glasses!!!

Big green envy!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss: Marshal Store!

Cal Mart deli usually has them. In cryovac, not “loose”. You might call them. And I’m pretty sure Lucca on Chestnut had a big bowl of them.

possibly, but that’s not near enough to me to walk and i’m not driving to North Beach just for that. i’ll search nearby, thanks!

1 Like

A hard boiled egg, with the top of the egg sliced off, and a bit crumbled so it could fit the caviar to be installed.

The gold shell was not an egg. It is an egg holder.

Quite elegantly served however, extremely simple. Really exceptional quality Caviar.

A business lunch and we were invited.

1 Like

With both of those being Apple devices, you should be able to share photos automatically through iCloud - it just needs to be set up (unless you have more than 5gb photos at any time.) Dropbox will only give you 2gb without paying, and requires installing more software. Not bashing Dropbox, I actually have an account to so I can share between Apple/non-Apple devices, but it sounds like iCloud might be easier and cheaper for you.

If you are logged in with the same iCloud account, the Photos folder should be synced across all your Apple devices.

Have your son check that the iCloud account is the same on all devices and that they are syncing.

Dropbox is a file sharing app - you should not need it just to view the same thing across your own devices - iCloud already gives you that.

You said you’re taking the photos on your phone right?

That’s why I suggested that you type the text on your computer, and save the draft or post the reply. Then switch to your phone, open or edit the same post, and add the photos directly from your phone itself.

Should solve the problem while you get your son to figure out what’s going on with the iCloud sync issue across your devices.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Simple but lovely.

1 Like

I do not know. My son signed me up for more gb as I recall as I get billed every month for that and for things like scam callers. I have to ask hm how many gB I have. It is difficult to converse with him. I should have go to apple and take some lessons from those geniuses but just do not seem to have time. Not an excuse but indeed it is true.