What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

Those wings . Yum .

3 Likes

Is nobody going to ask? What is the pink drink?

A very herby dinner. Grilled flat iron with chimichurri. And finally @mariacarmen’s frency potatoes salad (divine) a bowl of tomatoes, onion with evoo/basamic dressing and basil. There was a Manhattan and wine, because beef.

IMG_3834

17 Likes

Last night’s dinner first. The museum I work at is haunted :ghost: and even though we have our own paranormal group which I co-founded, we are letting other groups come in and rent the place to see what they can find. So my good friend and I had to “museum sit” last night while they had at it until midnight (after a full day of work mind you). We gave them a tour and then had Chinese food (and a half a bottle of Jack Daniel’s) on the porch on what was a beautiful evening. A Victorian mansion, so the porch is wrap-around and spacious with views of NYC.

Tonight was back to the abyss with more balsamic grilled chicken, asparagus, and some stuffed rigs.

To drink: Manhattan on the rocks featuring Maker’s Mark and Peychaud’s bitters.

18 Likes

Yay! so glad you liked the tater salade! looks fantastic.

1 Like

and tonight’s, our last dinner here. Pork chop from our Frenchy butcher that we didn’t love - first time that’s happened. pre-marinated but underseasoned and i hadn’t salted. Also a little dry. Chimichurri (just cilantro as i had no parsley, and minced capers) helped a ton. COTC with TPSTOB. i forgot my cole slaw dressing that i’d made at home, so another wedge salad. and a bunch o’sausages: Merguez, chorizo, nuremberg brats, and weisswurst (our favorite of the bunch). we ate just a couple bites of each sausage, split one chop. the rest (and last night’s steak leftovers) will become tacos later this week at home.) A very nice Gamay with.

Oof - someone roll me back to San Francisco.

pork chop corn & wedge

Gamay

16 Likes

Pasta with clams. Cheers.

18 Likes

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Il Nido in Marlborough, NJ. We enjoyed bavette steak, baked oysters with creamed spinach, ricotta gnocchi with house made fennel sausage, broccoli rabe, Calabrian chili, currant, and pine nuts; fluke, and the always excellent charcuterie board. It all went great with an excellent 2005 Syrah and 2013 red blend.

13 Likes

oops, fixed now!

Sunday Evening. Wild fresh oysters … (Parador Network Event)

8 Likes

Always amazing …

1 Like

That steak dinner! :heart_eyes: Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

Stoli and a splash of carbonated diet cranberry juice.

1 Like

Would it help if you diversified what you buy at the store? I buy a lot of meat all at once - what is on sale typically - and stick it in my freezer. Then as ideas percolate, I take those out of the freezer the day before and thaw them. At any given moment, I usually have 6 or 7 different cuts and preps of chicken, beef, pork at home, with the random seafood or lamb thrown in.

5 Likes

That apple is the size of a small squash!

1 Like

Had some leftovers from the bbq yesterday so I repurposed some of the hot dogs for a Jersey favorite; Italian Hot Dogs! I used a Portuguese roll vs pizza bread but still mighty tasty just the same. I think this is a regional NY/NJ thing am I correct?

15 Likes

I went to H Mart for the first time today. Wow! We enjoyed some awesome crispy seasoned and fried baby crabs. Mrs. P also made whole red snapper stuffed with fresh herbs, capers, and vermouth sauce. She also made some fresh corn.

19 Likes

No pics but seared snapper fillets with salad and brussels sprout roasted in the counter Ben

6 Likes

My birthday dinner. Beefeater rocks with tipsy onions and a soupçon of brine.
Seared scallops, mushroom risotto and a salad of greens, red pear, bleu cheese, pistachios, cranberry vinaigrette dressing. There was wine. Dessert was roasted fig, with sour cream, date syrup and more pistachios.

16 Likes

that’s a splendid dish of food, one of my favorites. if only the BF would eat seafood…

1 Like