What's for Dinner #71 - the Vacation Time! Edition - July 2021

Looks good! And with the appropriate amount of tzatziki :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think of it as a salad. :blush:

5 Likes

I saute fresh corn cut off of the cob with a mirepoix of celery, red bell pepper, sweet onion and garlic in TPSTOB, a bit of salt/pepper and a glug of heavy cream and good bourbon. Add fresh basil at the end.

7 Likes

I like how you think!

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Thank you!

Yum. Love that combo of flavors.

1 Like

Could you paraphrase the recipe? Paywall… I’m getting a lot of chard in the garden now and could use ideas!

I made this tonight, and it was outstanding. Also spicy - cut back on the dried pepper if you want a milder version.

http://www.paula-wolfert.com/recipes/tun_sahel.html

3 Likes

Do you mean for the chard? I am having a chard moment, and have been down so many rabbit holes since then. I suspect it was a riff on this one from Saveur , but with my own roasted tomatoes.

For the chickpeas with chard I added some left over chard to the cooked chickpeas with some extra roasted tomatoes, with an eye toward how much green stuff, and dry harissa blend (maybe 2 Tb mix from Whole Spice) and tahini (1 Tb?) husband would embrace. Your milage/significant other/patience may vary.

Either way, thanks for asking!

3 Likes

Chilaquiles verdes. Made with tomatillos and serranos - hotcha! - and leftover defrosted carnitas. Homemade chips, needed more of them as my dish was a tad soupy, but still pretty tasty. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I FORGOT THE COTIJA CHEESE. argggh.

i also think i slightly prefer red chilaquiles. next time!

19 Likes

I found a 3 pound chicken!

The plan is

Uploading: PXL_20210727_023114988.jpg…

8 Likes

I made chilaquiles too! Leftover chips from lunch burrito, salsa from jar, string cheese, red onion, some vegetarian breakfast sausage, feta in lieu of cotija, and an egg.

12 Likes

Chicken and artichoke in a sauce of dry vermouth and chicken stock. Not quite Francese since there was no lemon (BF does not like such flavor). Overall a disappointment. It really needed the lemon and something else-- I don’t know what. There certainly was enough salt.

13 Likes

Almost got the finished product in before the edit window closed.

I imagine her saying “Please! No pictures”.

16 Likes

Hahaha

1 Like

She does seem to be cowering in modesty @shrinkrap ! :scream_cat:

2 Likes

haha love it. She is quite the demure young thing, ain’t she?

3 Likes

Bless her heart!

2 Likes

Speedy fish tagine with pompano, carrots, and potatoes. Pan-roasted cauliflower on the side. Rice with the fish.

Earlier I made Parsi green plantain cutlets - was trying to use up a plantain and not feeling like tostones. These were delicious!

13 Likes

I just grilled up a package of bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and I’m pretty sure at least one was bigger than your whole chicken!

2 Likes