What's for Dinner #71 - the Vacation Time! Edition - July 2021

Yes, it’s “new” meaning in the past year.

Some folks are very sensitive to mastic. I eat it mainly when we are gifted Egyptian cooking. I’m fine with it, some others not so much. More for me.

Some friends and I got together yesterday. Our server took the photo.

This is all I need for dinner tonight. :yum:

8 Likes

I made Ina Garten’s mustard roasted fish tonight using a beautiful piece of halibut. There is a reason that recipe is all over the internet: incredibly easy and SO GOOD! I didn’t feel like investing in crème fraîche so I used a mix of very thick Greek yogurt and mayo that was in my fridge and I couldn’t even tell the difference. With Royal Corona beans and greens, with TPSTOG[arlic] and anchovies. Very excited for the leftover fish which I know from experience makes a great breakfast.

17 Likes

So personally I enjoy posting about the meals I prepared here, however tonight is an exception. Tonight our friend @seal convinced me to join him for a meal at an Indian restaurant he loves, so hesitantly I agreed. Hesitantly not because he’s renown weirdo, hesitant because of some bad digestive issues I had years ago when I first tried to get into Indian cuisine.

Forgive me as I don’t know the actual names:

Fried eggplant with pomegranate and sliced vegetables in a yogurt and brown/balsamic- ish (but not vinegary at all) dressing.

Next up naam(?) garlic flatbread with a green chili sauce on the side. Indian garlic bread! Loved it!!

Lamb chops marinated in yogurt and grilled!

Lastly some Indian rice dish with chunks of slow cooked fork tender lamb. Oh momma this was good!!

One of the best overall meals I have had in a long time! Thank you @seal and thank you all for letting me share!!

Peace peeps!!

23 Likes

Dinner tonight courtesy the unplanned grocery store visit yesterday.

Porcini and truffle ravioli with pan-roasted oyster mushrooms, fresh corn, and brown butter. Roasted cauliflower on the side.

Love these flavors, separately and together.

So glad I saved half of everything for another round.

16 Likes

Went with a Three Cs dinner tonight:

Cheeeeeseburger
Cheeps
Chardonnay

Some of those cheeps went on top on the cheeeeseburger.

And so begins a 4 day weekend for me.

16 Likes

Wowza. And great use of the acronym! :smile:

2 Likes

The BF made dinner, and challenged himself to recreate the smoky cabbage I had recently at a prix fixe dinner. He seared the cabbage, then steamed it, and added liquid smoke to the water, as we have no grill. it worked somewhat, but needed to have been finished in butter. never fear, i just dunked it in that little pool in the potatoes. :smiley: Carrots were roasted with a little tarragon. the corned beef itself was a bit too lean for my taste, but that just means more leftovers for the BF.

ETA: almost forgot, the BF did well in TPSTOB dept! Thanks, @gcaggiano for the reminder!

16 Likes

I think you forgot to use TPSOB in your post!

3 Likes

Pork mole poblano, cotc elote. Salad of spring green, romaine, radish, avocado, black olives, green onion and ranch dressing with a sprinkle of Tajin. Several Margaritas.

16 Likes

Dammit, you’re right!! what a rookie move.

4 Likes

Rice, miso soup, Sculpin IPA, cabbage and pickles, and tonkatsu.

19 Likes

Now I’m craving corned beef! Oh and those potatoes.

2 Likes

i have carnitas i made the other day, and corn, so there’s tomorrow’s dinner…

2 Likes

Glad I could inspire. Your potatoes with TPSTOB are staring at me.

3 Likes

A quick lunch in route to Las Rosas …

10 Likes

I thought I’d posted this, but can’t find it. Last night I made Martha Stewart’s one-pan pasta in the IP for the fam, along with cucumber salad and reheated sauteed chard (not pictured):

I had a lobster roll out, then some leftover pasta later:

19 Likes

They are back in Turkey until mid August, but I will ask on our next call! Not something I recall being eager to learn more about.

I believe they’ve got some "holidays…Qurban Bayram, also known as Eid al-Adha? " going on, and are planning a trip to Montenegro . I’ve heard of it. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Lovely pasta dish …