What's for Dinner #71 - the Vacation Time! Edition - July 2021

Thanks…I honestly don’t know. The highball glasses are Rogaska and lowball, whisky, and tumblers are Norland. I know because I bought them. :joy:. My former wife was fond of crystal and glassware.

2 Likes

ginger peach cobbler sounds wonderful!

2 Likes

Delicious mush for dinner tonight. ground pork ragu with onions, garlic, carrots, red & yellow bells, crimini, basil & parsley, diced canned tomatoes, tomato paste, milk, and calabrian chilies. Simmered for 2+ hours. Polenta with chicken BTB, lotsa buttah, creamy sheep & goat milk cheese, and parm regg.

13 Likes

are those jello shots??

2 Likes

TPSTO can be used with anything!

2 Likes

We enjoyed a nice Fourth of July alfresco dinner on the deck consisting of a hamburger topped with blue cheese and caramelized onions on a bed of arugula, and BBQ shrimp, with sides of mini peppers and TJ’s sweet potato fries. It all went great with an excellent malbec.

16 Likes

Why yes, they are @mariacarmen! :upside_down_face: However, the pic was included as a joke. BUT SIL made them for a block party, and she lives in a different state. Not that I’m above having a Jell-O shot or 3??:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Happy Independence Day. The sun finally came out here. I had planned on a cheese burger and fries, but I discovered what I thought was a telera roll in the freezer turned out to be french dinner rolls. Plan B, bunless cheese burger and garden red potato fries. Lettuce, tomato, onion. mustard, mayo, ketchup. Red Duck spicy ketchup for the fries and lots of Red Snappers, the drink, not the fish.

13 Likes

i was just going to ask what time I should be over!
:grinning:

2 Likes

Well, I’m telling ya, you’re welcome at any time @mariacarmen!

1 Like

Please share this toddler woo-ing recipe!

3 Likes

Voting for COTQ now open! Summer 2021 (Jul-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

Burgers, dogs, grilled chicken, family and friends on this low key 4th. Tonight’s specialty condiment was mayo mixed with Lao Gan Ma chili crisp. There was also a selection of cole slaw, potato and macaroni salads, and brownies. Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers for our vegan friend.

18 Likes

I added about a Tbsp of ginger preserves to the sliced peaches as they simmered, just enough to melt the preserves, and cutting WAY back on the sugar amount called for. Not heavily gingery, but just enough.

2 Likes

It’s the law at a Jimmy Buffett concert. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s so easy! I got the recipe from milk street magazine.

Take 2 big bunches of scallions and chop them. saute them whites first then add the greens. Get them to the char state you like then set aside. Sear a pound of ground pork. Add 2 T sugar and 1/3ish c soy sauce to pork. Add back in scallions. Throw in pre made soba noodles or I’ve been subbing these pre cooked lo mein noodles which saves boiling and another pot. Give it a good stir. That’s it!!! Original recipe calls for some hot pepper but I never include.

8 Likes

Same. So delicious :relieved: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

…and by extension Zac Brown concerts. grin

Slept in.
Because I could.

Almost didn’t venture out into the world.
But I did.

Took chicken out to defrost.
No idea what to make.
Until I bought A couple of jars of Rao’s Marinara at OSJL.

Oven-Baked Chicken-Asparagus Parmigiana on top of garganelli pasta, with more heated marinara.

Looks meh, but it tasted good thanks to me heavily seasoning the Panko breadcrumbs.
Wine.

Dessert will be more Peach Cobbler. And hopefully the local fireworks tonight don’t freak out Alfie and Finn too much.

19 Likes

Tonight we made hamburger sliders, spicy green beans cooked in the drippings, ww mac n cheese, and a big green salad. Very tasty.

19 Likes