What's for Dinner #70 - The "Kickoff to the Summertime BBQ" Edition - June 2021

Yes, I meant to say " it resembles Soho " however, this is Borne, a neighbourhood in Barcelona.

Not Manhattan ! It looks like Soho, New York City - at least to us.

outstanding.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouraging words. It’s hard to see anything good in this scenario

1 Like

Well I made it back into -or- out to the kitchen again. It’s been very busy and my ability to cook has been limited but thankfully tonight was an exception. Steak and chicken kabobs on the grill with a side of corn on cob as well as some stuffed zucchini flowers francese.

I’m seriously loving my outdoor kitchen and I don’t know what the heating element is on the burners but it’s the hottest outdoor stove top I’ve ever used.

A martini or 3 to keep me hydrated!

21 Likes

I apparently hurt my foot sleeping last night, and husband made dinner!

I encouraged him to try the package directions but he felt medium high was too high.

He also felt inclined to more than occasional stirring, and felt there should be less “thickening” time.

In the end, he would not let me take a picture of his plating, but he said the chicken was not crispy, but it was good.

14 Likes

Bravo

1 Like

Kinda sorta. Subaru for example requires you to disable autostop every time you start the car. sigh Too bad as my wife really likes the Outback wagon.

Painting is coming along nicely and prediction is for completion by the end of the day today. Painters appreciate the homemade baked goods (courtesy of my wife) each morning although we’re out so tomorrow is store-bought croissants.

Dinner last night was leftovers from three nights of take-out. I’m going with “eclectic.” Greek food, we think, tonight.

Another car day today for me. My insurance company (USAA) is great. The other insurance company (Travelers) is okay, but dragging their feet a bit on a rental car. The owner of the truck (The Pete Store - OTR trucking sales and service) is ghosting Travelers. The remains of our VW Passet (named Sheldon, because I really like The Big Bang Theory and the car has always thought itself smarter than us) are supposed to have been moved from impound to a commercial yard yesterday and I want to try to be there when the adjuster visits and recover personal items. Research on car models for a replacement. A magazine article to finish and a speaking engagement (first in-person since COVID) to prep for. Just another day at Chez Auspicious.

ETA: Emma the Cat update - stressed by being confined to the library (spare room lined with bookshelves, cat box, food and water). Very quietly threw up on the floor in front of the chair I was sitting in to keep her company right where I’d step in it standing up. sigh Only one more day and she’ll have the run of the house again.

6 Likes

Here is our first greens and beans dinner of the summer. Combo of collards and Red Russian kale from our CSA. Crumbles of creamy feta on top.

Washing and chopping a big pile of greens takes awhile, so I broke out a tin of TJ’s gigante beans in tomato sauce and added extra dill and lemon. (We decided the “meh” canned version doesn’t measure up to the jarred version TJ’s used to sell.) The focaccia is from my freezer stash.

14 Likes

Me too! Looks like a super setup for entertaining or for simply making dinner when you’d rather be outside.

4 Likes

They always let you know when you’re in the doghouse (or would it be cathouse?) with them.

And quite frankly, the concept of a cat quietly throwing up is completely foreign to me. :wink:

5 Likes

I have a hard time distinguishing between that sound and the sound of Laszlo trying to bury his food. Thus, I get more exercise than I need.

2 Likes

grin Emma the Cat doesn’t make noise throwing up. It’s like hide and seek. On the other hand, “this door is closed and I want OUT” is a very loud message. In fairness, she rarely gets sick. Stress–including car rides–upset her. We have to medicate to go to the vet.

Full access to the kitchen not yet in hand but I went through the fridge. Take-out tonight and a big shop tomorrow morning.

I’ve got about 14 days of ideas for next week and we haven’t even sat down to talk about it yet. I’m definitely making meatballs one night, unless my wife says no.

2 Likes

Yes, Keep it simply simple !

A truly nice dish when one of our Italian friends, who is a distributor makes his rounds to Barcelona.

Cool cool dude …

1 Like

Wow!!! Nice set up

2 Likes

That’s an awesome end grain cutting board!

1 Like

Giggle. Is she drunk on that power? :wink:

1 Like

SWMBO. Or “happy wife, happy life.”

1 Like

Caviar, Champagne & Fresh Crab & Oysters … CAVIARhungryonion192476825_4008284985874679_2503175841035446166_n|528x700

10 Likes

@Barca, you sure know how to eat in style! Divine as always.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 Likes

We enjoyed some nice al fresco dining on the deck. Mrs. P made andouille sausage pizza and guacamole. It all went great with an excellent Washington State Syrah blend.

13 Likes