What's for Dinner #70 - The "Kickoff to the Summertime BBQ" Edition - June 2021

yum!!

1 Like

Had some Instagram messages and comments after posting with people saying they couldn’t believe it. But it’s true. I’ve eaten it, of course, begrudgingly, but never cooked the dish.

I’m not a big meatball fan (I would take Swedish meatballs in brown gravy over Italian any day) and growing up as an Italian I get VERY easily bored with pasta, especially spaghetti/linguini.

3 Likes

Yum, I want in on that.

1 Like

i have one, works great and you’re right, it’s absolutely fine on the seasoning of my CI pan.

1 Like

Found a pork shoulder roast in the freezer, made Carnitas ala Instant Pot. Had the ingredients to make Pico de Gallo, didnt have to go to the store for anything, yay#

14 Likes

Heck yes! We’re mainly plant-based and I’m always interested in new ideas!

3 Likes

Love all the posts and pic. . Not going to rant about the going out to eat meals this week . I liked reheating them at home more . Cheers :wine_glass:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, will have to give the soak method a try.

1 Like

We enjoyed another fabulous dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ.
We enjoyed pistachio crusted lamb chops with chermoula sauce and pink peppercorns; duck confit salad; tilefish with chorizo; tuna nicoise; Spanish chips, and an excellent dessert of bourbon sponge cake with cinnamon ice cream. It all went great with a couple of excellent red wines.

11 Likes

Now THERE’S a 50 year throwback from the Wayback Machine!

4 Likes

…and we have a winner! I wondered if anyone would catch that, I shoulda known.

4 Likes

When we lived in southern CA, occasionally there was a Japanese variety of tomato sold by some of the vendors. It was pale red, smallish, sweet/tart, and delicious. I don’t recall the name - it’s been years. I try hard to buy all the farmer market tomatoes I can (if I haven’t grown my own crop) in the summertime. Rest of the year, I rely on canned for cooked preparations and occasionally buy cherry or kumato for raw preps. But not often. I find every other grocery tomato absolute rubbish when eaten raw.

That sounds new and interesting! Looks great.

1 Like

It all looks great, but that ravioli! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That’s a good recipe. It’s versatile - I made it once with baked lemon chicken thighs. Yum.

2 Likes

Ditto. I’m not Italian but grew up in MA. The first thing I learned to cook was spaghetti. I still make it because hubs loves it, but I’m more like likely to eat my sauce with bread.

1 Like

Thank you! The filet mignon ravioli with the black truffle butter sauce is outstanding and one of our favorite dishes. You can have it as an appetizer or entrée. We share it as an appetizer since it is so rich and decadent.

2 Likes

Had to laugh. I grow a whole bunch of herbs just outside my back door. I am often too lazy to go out and snip them, bring them in for wash and chop. So off to the dried herbs I go. It’s terrible! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If there was a PA (parentheses anonymous), I should enroll myself immediately.

2 Likes

Semicolons Anonymous over here.

4 Likes