What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

I made pasta salad with arugula and spinach, pesto red wine vinaigrette, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, fresh mozz, pepperoncini, and grape tomatoes, topped with chicken. Good and easy.

10 Likes

I see you decided to have the wedding at home!

8 Likes

Hahahaha :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: good one and thank you for the compliment MsBean!!

1 Like

My frequent Friday dinner, gladly busted all to hell with my year-long delayed night out at Dali.

My Saturday dinner…I had other plans. Plus I didn’t get these until Saturday afternoon.

So it became a Sunday night dinner: Steak tips from my local butcher, with Ballymaloe steak sauce, a big-ass half baked tater with TPSTOB and sour cream, and roasted Brussels sprouts with homemade garlic powder-herb-dried orange peel blend. And wine.

And I have tomorrow off as one of our company’s holidays…even though we don’t usually have Patriots Day off (it’s a Boston holiday only, plus Maine). But I’ll take the sleeping-in day.

15 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Bloom in Verona, NJ. Below is a link to the details and pictures for those that might be interested.

5 Likes

BF made spicy Italian sausage and orange pepper ragù he worked on for a couple days, and today i made a really creamy parm regg polenta to go with, and a big Farmer’s Market salad.

I’ve got bò kho braising in the oven for tomorrow - thanks to @ChristinaM for the nudge!

16 Likes

OUCH on the hand! it all looks wonderful, still, and bet it tasted great.

1 Like

apparently, she has not heard of TPSTOB.

ETA: Then again, it looks like she certainly has!

3 Likes

those ribs look PERFECT.

LOL!

Wow!

Precursor to my main meal at the Brewster Fish House on my (ahem) 69th birthday

18 Likes

I’m :drooling_face: What is orange pepper ragù?

Today was a loooooooong but productive day. Some of you know that I co-manage a nonprofit (museum/historical society) in my ever dwindling spare time. Well, aside from a few special outdoor events, we have essentially been closed for a year+. Well, we are reopening in a few weeks and today was our first “clean up” day as we get the 128 year old Victorian mansion in shape. It’s relentless work.

This was my post clean up snack:

And dinner several hours later was my BF’s Asian honey-chili beef over Jasmine rice. And several pink lemonade vodka and club sodas.

How is it that my volunteer job is more work and stress than my two “real” jobs? I’m exhausted!

17 Likes

I know; right? And to quote someone about the same thing; no W-2!

2 Likes

I love souse vide . And then i shout soooooo veeeeee .

3 Likes

Ha! :joy:

So grim, so true.

But we press on for the greater good nonetheless.

3 Likes

And a “128 year old Victorian mansion” doesn’t suck. 501c3 property tax exemptions for the win-win! Hopefully.

1 Like

Abso-freakin’-lutely.

1 Like