What's for Dinner #68 - the Spring has Sprung Edition - April 2021

Creamed Spinach: large bag of spinach wilted down with olive oil and minced shallots garlic and seasoned to taste. Half way thu wilting add cream cheese, dash heavy cream and handful of grated parmigiana. Incorporate and enjoy!!!

10 Likes

I’m sure yours is great - I’ll copy, and thanks! There’s something about the flavors of cream cheese and spinach, not to mention the shallots…typically I’ve only used heavy cream, nutmeg, and maybe onions, but following steakhouse style recipes. Which have been underwhelming…steak (filet) and lobster for us tonight, sadly we have no spinach. Asparagus will have to do.

Nutmeg!!! I did forget to say that specifically when I said season to taste.

2 Likes

Gotcha :+1:t3:

1 Like

I typically use sour cream, since I find the cream cheese a little too heavy.

3 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ. We enjoyed our first soft shell crab of the season with a horseradish and mustard sauce, as well as sweet pea agnolotti and grilled shrimp with avocado in an aioli sauce. We were happy to see the coconut cake returned to the menu for the first time since Chef owner Kevin Kohler passed away. It all went great with an excellent 2013 Sonoma County cabernet.

18 Likes

Fabulous . Nice looking . Right in my wheelhouse . :wine_glass: Cheers .

Whatever Was In The Fridge Pasta Primavera

Casarecce Pasta, Store bought Rotisserie Chicken, Sautéed Shallots, Red Onions, Garlic & Mushroom Medley, Robusto Cheese Cream Sauce, Blanched Bell Peppers, Rainbow Carrots & Peas, Campari Tomatoes, Parsley, Chives, Basil, Salt, Black Pepper & Crushed Red Pepper.

Make it rain Robusto…

Toasty bread drizzled w/buttery olive oil & flakey salt…

Wine was an inexpensive New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with tropical fruit notes that paired well with the primavera.

17 Likes

Italian

Lunch Out … Fusilli; Crisp Wild Cod; Focaccia; San Pellegrino Sparkling Water & A bottle of Prosecco from Tenuta Montegarda, Veneto.

13 Likes

Truly exceptionally lovely …

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Those ravioli look scrumptuous !

1 Like

Thank you @Barca! Your lunch looked divine as well.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 Like

Are you cash only or do you have your own NJR credit card?

4 Likes

Thank you and have a great afternoon / evening.

1 Like

We went old school all the way last night with surf and turf. H had bought 2-3 whole beef tenderloins a few months back, which he broke down and froze. They were ridiculously cheap at the time, and we’ve been enjoying them since. Some filets/roasts are better than others, since they came from different animals. Last week, he picked up a couple of lobster tails, of the type that supermarkets often put on sale around the holidays. We were expecting them to be fair, but nothing beyond.
Anyway, the filets were fantastic, and the lobster, surprisingly was probably the tenderest, sweetest and most succulent I’ve ever had. What a surprise. Fresh asparagus, a Chilean red to drink, don’t remember the name.

21 Likes

“The Beans” credit is good here any day of the week!

2 Likes

You know those Sundays where you wake up early, all raring to go, ready to do laundry, scrub the bathroom, do some baking for those of you who have been going in to the workplace (just to get rid of the chocolate chips in the kitchen), and take care of your 2020 Fed and State taxes?

Yeah. Me neither. :wink:

Well, I did do laundry. Because I don’t do leggings and sweatshirts at work. But despite expecting to get a little bit of money from both, because the IRS and Commonwealth of MA both gave us another 30 days to file, I still didn’t do my taxes. Because I’m in lazy-ass mode. I’ll deal with that tomorrow, said Scarlett.

Dinner…Trader Joe’s pork belly with an orange-ginger sauce, Israeli couscous and steamed green beans. And wine.

19 Likes

Buffalo wings and elote-style Brussels sprouts (roasted with chili powder, topped with grated Parmesan and lime crema). Too hungry for pics!

8 Likes

Last nights dinner was inspired by the pomegranate molasses thread, humungus chicken breast, carrots and brussels baked in a pomegranate molasses, two mustard (Maille Dijon and old style) sauce. Salad of baby spring greens, yellow cherry tomatoes, avocado, celery & red onion with maple balsamic dressing. 'Twas delicious, I’ll be using the molasses more often.
Tonight, okra gumbo with shrimp, crab, a little andouille sausage, Creole boiled cauli rice and muffuletta salad salad. My sinuses are clear.
IMG_2875 IMG_2877 IMG_2837 IMG_2891

18 Likes

Great idea on the muffuletta salad @BeefeaterRocks! All of it looks delicious! Please, more details on the Creole boiled cauliflower rice - frozen or??

We enjoyed another spectacular dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ. We enjoyed black bass, venison, lobster crepes, duck confit salad, mussels, and Spanish chips.It all went great with an excellent Gigondas and cabernet sauvignon.

15 Likes