What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

Happy 10th anniversary you two! May your future hold innumerable memorable meals, wine, and wonderful times! :champagne::wine_glass::bouquet:

5 Likes

Lobster Fra Diavolo paired with a Turley Zin for the first post - that’s making a dramatic entrance!

3 Likes

Orecchiette, hot and sweet sausage, and spinach alla vodka. Jar sauce enhanced with fresh garlic, onion, and a ton of crushed red pepper. Garlic bread on the side.

17 Likes

Chinese takeout tonight - beef chow fun after more than a year for me! Plus young chow fried rice, chicken corn soup, beef with broccoli, and tofu with black mushrooms.

I baked some more bread - regular and gluten free. The half loaf (square) pan makes it easy to experiment…

10 Likes

Extraordinary ! Beautiful photograph of you and Mrs. Paryzer too.

Have a lovely day. 10am here and off to do errands.

1 Like

Peas and rice is a very common Caribbean side to chicken, although mostly pigeon peas vice sweet peas.

2 Likes

Thank you @barca! I always enjoy your extraordinary meals and pictures as well.
I hope all is well with you and your family. I heard that they have another lockdown in Italy. That’s a shame, especially around Easter time. Please stay safe.

1 Like

Happy happy anniversary! Lovely to put faces with your names.

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Lambchop!

Thank you @ChristinaM! It’s a rare picture of us. I am not very photogenic :slightly_smiling_face: The server happened to take a nice picture of us, and I wore my sports jacket, which is another rare occurrence :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

We live in Barcelona.
However, Italia is a very special country for us.

They have been in a “red” lockdown for sometime now and the new Prime Minister´s Decree shall take place on April 6th. This lockdown has been to reduce the death tolls and the Intensive Care Hospitalisation.

Madrid Capital is doing well, as all restaurants and bars and shops are open. No travel beyond Madrid borders.

Barcelona: We cannot leave Barcelona, however, restaurants are open, shops and markets of course.

However, it is one year of this semi loss of freedom to travel, and the mask wearing legal National Government regulation.

I see another year of this …

The problem is the slow down in the vaccination programme throughout the country as well.

Waiting for our age group to be able to get vaccinated.

The E.U. is also waiting for the Johnson & Johnson one time injection vaccine and another as well.

In meantime, Spain is in 3rd trial phase on humans for a Spanish vaccine.

So, this is the latest.

Challenging times and most conflictive as well worldwide.

4 Likes

Happy 10th to you and Mrs P! Both looking wonderful as usual!

“It’s a rare picture of us. I am not very photogenic” (no comment!! see I can play nice!!! lol )

Glad you enjoyed, all the best!

First time opening this March thread and saw this.

Oh, pah-leez! :+1: Don’t be so modest! You both look great! Many more happy years and many more amazing meals!

:wine_glass: :champagne:

1 Like

Thank you @NotJrvedivici! I appreciate it.

Thank you very much @Presunto! I always enjoy your extraordinary pictures and meals.

1 Like

Lamb chops, orzo salad, mushrooms and, of course, broccoli.

11 Likes

Wow!

Awww… Happy Anniversary! :two_hearts:

1 Like

For someone in the Boston, Massachusetts, USA area, and even though I can no longer converse in Spanish (it was many many MANY years ago in high school Spanish that I was adept), I think I’d suffer through being stuck in Barcelona. :wink:

7 Likes

We are not suffering Linda as we are very stable, however, professionally we have had to create some new avenues due to the hospitality and tourism industries at their lowest peak. However, despite this, we are content and have each other and we are all healthy and this is the key at moment.

All my best wishes during these highly challenging & conflicting times worldwide.

6 Likes

18 Likes