What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

Crab cakes again, as it’s still Dungeness season, and young

asparagus for dinner at sister’s, with a dill/caper sauce. Asparagus were sweet and tender, with just a little butter, lemon, and EBTB.

14 Likes

Sunday breakfast.

17 Likes

Wow, amazing lift! We have a breakfast thread here, too, btw :grin:

2 Likes

Soft spot in my heart for popovers.

1 Like

Yup - just realized this is Dinner :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

We celebrated our 10th anniversary, with some friends, with a spectacular dinner at Cafe Matisse in Rutherford, NJ.They had a 4 course tasting menu, with 2 choices for each course. We ordered each item and shared. There were also 2 specials for the 1st course that our friends ordered. We shared some excellent wines as well. Our friends gifted us a nice box of Godiva chocolates.

15 Likes

Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Yes, Happy 10th Anniversary!

1 Like

Amazing …

Have a lovely evening.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Maybe “never bought a container of fish sauce, it’s not something I keep around” was the intention.

I was cooking at some friends’ house once, and had to do a little shopping to make what I wanted - I left a little bottle of fish sauce in their fridge and they looked at it like it was from Mars. (They already figured I was from Mars. :smile:)

2 Likes

I made beef shank and daikon in Chu Hou Sauce, which is a home-cooking style recipe, apparently from Hong Kong. I basically followed this recipe. Brisket was called for, but this cut worked very well.

Served over Bibb lettuce and cauli-jasmine rice, with steamed haricots dressed in orange and black vinegar sesame oil, and butter on the side.

14 Likes

Tonight marked the official 1st inaugural debut of the outdoor kitchen. We have a bourbon bbq London broil from Costco, stuffed salmon, king crab legs, pork belly on the griddle, corn on cob boiling away on second of three burners and sautéed broccoli on the primary grill side burner.

19 Likes

Since I didn’t know what I wanted to make for dinner, this was an easy default: Skinny Orange Chicken from Gimme Some Oven.

Served on Basmati rice with peas alongside, and chopped cashews and sesame seeds sprinkled on top. (Not sure why I tend to go with peas as the veg…maybe for color?) It’ll give me some easy work lunches as well.

(P S. I cut the cornstarch in half to avoid a gloopy sauce, and increase the ground ginger…because I can.)

Wine.

19 Likes

Lovely anniversary dinner! Happy happy!

3 Likes

Chicken soup with matzah balls

15 Likes

Cuisine of the Quarter voting is open! Spring (Apr-June) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

Now that’s a feast!

1 Like

Happy Passover

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like