What's for Dinner #67 - the It's Been A YEAR Since This All Started! Edition - March 2021

The Raf Spanish Tomato - From Almeria, Spain on the south east coast …

This is what we paired with the Black Angus Saturday evening …

12 Likes

Wow! What a gorgeous steak, perfectly prepared, with a nice bottle of wine.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 Like

Yes, we truly enjoy Basque Black Angus ! Thank you and the same to you too.

2 Likes

You inspired me to make shrimp moqueca :grin:

13 Likes

Lazy day. Despite waking up at 6:45 a.m.

Leftover roast lamb was defrosted and used in a pot pie. Used a regular Pillsbury pie crust for the topping rather than a mashed potato topping for a Shepherd’s Pie-alike, but cubed boiled potatoes were in the lamb mix.

Sauteed onion, garlic, frozen peas and corn, and fresh diced carrots rounded out the veg, tossed in some minced rosemary with the diced leftover lamb, and the lamb gravy was thinned with a bit of heavy cream.

Damn. This was REALLY good!

And oh yeah. There was lots of wine.

(

19 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey.
We enjoyed an awesome special of squid ink pasta with shrimp, mussels, and chorizo; black sea bass with tomato caper sauce; the always decadent filet mignon ravioli, and a fabulous salad of prosciutto, sautéed red peppers, arugula, and shaved ricotta. We had amaretto cake soaked in amaretto for dessert. It all went great with an excellent 2005 Syrah.

13 Likes

Wow, that looks delish :yum:… Picture perfect!

1 Like

I’m ready for my cookbook “A Million and One Ways to Plate Chicken Cutlets”. Seen here with mashed cauliflower and a boatload of broccolini.

There was a martini.

15 Likes

Mashed Yukon Gold potatoes with chives, Johnsonville “Irish O’Garlic” sausages, and onion gravy. Not sure what part of the sausages made them Irish - they tasted a lot like their regular brats (not a bad thing).

PXL_20210314_062012698

13 Likes

Holy crap. That looks amazing!

1 Like

Ooh can you please share your recipe for the bo luc lac? I love it so… In particular, what cut of beef do you use?

1 Like

Must try, lurrrve moqueca, and it’s been years since I’ve had it.

1 Like

Simple omelette and salume with gold foil and truffles … from Italia - Emilia Romagna.

9 Likes

Back a day early. Work went so smooth I almost missed working full time…nah…lol.

But we ate pretty unhealthy and that part I don’t miss!
Fig jam and goat cheese pizza was about the healthiest part of a dinner at The Lodge in Wellesley, MA. A comfortable pub. Fun group.

If you have never experienced a wild ride boutique hotel-just take a scroll rough The Roxbury. What a fun place.

Good to be home. Got my J&J shot during the trip.

11 Likes

I know it’s a day early, but who has 2-3 hours time to cook on a weekday? “Traditional” corned beef and cabbage dinner that is eaten on St Patrick’s day in the US.

I actually don’t like the boiled cabbage and carrots, so I don’t know why I continue to make them thinking it’ll be better this time. I made a much smaller portion this year, and I’m still struggling to get through them. :expressionless: I have to fight the urge to go traditional again next year.

20210314_190614

11 Likes

Oh man, I remember first having Luc lac at the original Elephant Walk (in a former jailhouse) in Union Sq., Somerville MA at a work lunch. One of many work lunches there because the head of my lab loved that place. I was a vegetarian who got coerced into trying the Luc lac and I was hooked! Nice memory.

5 Likes

Looks delicious. I’m hoping to pull off a small version tomorrow.

1 Like

Woke up way too damn early, even with DST.

Went with a proper Sunday roast chicken dinner tonight.

Par-steamed, then convection-roasted Herbs de Provence fingerling potatoes, and steamed green beans with toasted almonds.

Wine.

15 Likes

Tonight, we shared homemade sloppy joe deli sandwiches. Jewish rye, Russian dressing, coleslaw, roasted turkey, honey ham, spicy mustard and swiss cheese. Now it’s Grammy awards!

Rooster

8 Likes

Quick freezer+pantry pull - paneer curry with brown rice and vegetable vindaloo.

9 Likes