What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

Funny!!!

1 Like

Man, I wish I could make a pasta sauce that silky.

1 Like

they were delish, which is definitely what counts. :slightly_smiling_face: at my sister’s, i have even less natural light for pics than i do at home, plus she keeps a bare-bones pantry, so if i want something on a plate, i have to bring it!

We have a big light problem too. But I discovered the light fixture in my stove range is awesome for photo lighting, and I work the heck outta the iPhone highlight features. Food photos have become a central hobby in my life being on lockdown in Covid Central aka L.A. :wink:

Hats off to you! That’s a lot of work.

3 Likes

Crabbier . Great description. Food dictionary . Scrabble points .

3 Likes

Could apply to a person as well.

2 Likes

I’ve never really cooked beans before. So I decided to bbuy the cranberry beans from Rancho Gordo and use them in pasto fagioli.

I soaked the beans for 4 hours in water, then started the soup. They only took 2 hours to finish. I decided that I’d rather eat my carbs with my crusty no knead bread and left the pasta out of the soup. The beans are amazing!

14 Likes

Looks so inviting that I could dive right in! And I’m with you in preferring homemade bread to having pasta in the soup.

While I know that pasta fagioli by definition contains pasta—it’s in the name!—I too sometimes omit it in order to let great beans shine on their own.

4 Likes

That looks GREAT!! I’m glad your first experience cooking beans was a success. Once you get started it will be hard to stop.

I totally agree with you about preferring bread on the side than pasta in the soup.

4 Likes

Me three. The cranberry beans are my personal fav from RG. Your bread looks really good.

3 Likes

A Great Job … Looks delicious.

Definitely would choose the bread too !

It was very lovely !

1 Like

I started a new thread for March here:

4 Likes

8 Likes

That sure looks homey and good!

Grrreat combo there.

1 Like

Last night, kids had pasta and broccoli, sib had leftover shrimp, I made myself another pizza from the dough in the fridge, testing out the cast iron pan-broiler method again.

I was still hungry (after half the small pizza) and needed a vegetable, so I made a quick bechamel and my moms ultra-fast cauliflower cheese ensued.

9 Likes

Thank you @LindaWhit

oops, moving to March…

I have that very model. It works quite well and dual (or tri) monitors are great for getting work done. I built my own monitor stand. The sleeve that comes with the monitor is supposed to fold into a stand but it doesn’t work well at all.