What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

That looks incredibly fabulous.

3 Likes

That seriously looks amazing!

3 Likes

My kind of meal!

1 Like

It’s Wednesday.
Prince Spaghetti Day.
But I didn’t want sketti.
And I didn’t have sauce.
So I made some after work.
WTH was I thinking.
Late dinner tonight.

Meat sauce.
With squozen sausage, ground beef, sautéed onions, red bell peppers and mushrooms, garlic, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes from 2 cans, tomato paste, lots of dried basil, oregano, and parsley, some bay leaves fennel seed, a healthy pinch of sugar and s/p, and some Aleppo pepper for a bit of a bite.

Then I boiled some penne pasta, grated some mozz on top, and it became baked penne.

Plating looks like hell, but the sauce is good, despite no hours-long simmer on the stove. And I fed my freezer. So bonus!

Extraneous pic of the boyz because they didn’t destroy anything today.

19 Likes

Fried oysters, cocktail sauce; asparagus with green mayo

15 Likes

Friends of ours had a pipe burst in their kitchen and a hellish day yesterday between toddler parenting, no childcare, and working full-time from home. I brought them dinner and actually remembered pictures this time: green salad with cucumbers and marinated tomatoes, honey wheat bread, homemade rigatoni with the other half of Uncle Bill’s sauce, and some oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough.

We met other friends outside for distanced drinks and dinner out.

18 Likes

Yay . Looks fabulous
I’m cooking beets in the sous vide tonight. Cheers. :wine_glass:

1 Like

Sheet pan chicken vegetable roast. My usual answer after picking up my farm box and wondering how am I going to use up all this fennel, carrots, parsnips, onions, etc.

14 Likes

Sous vide beets with the tops . Cut in half . 3hours at 185 degrees. Olive oil , salt and pepper. Sweet , with that earthy root vegetable taste . Deep in the color of cabernet . Loved them . Cheers

12 Likes

At sister’s tonight, Costco had no whole Dungeness crabs so she bought a tub of it, already picked over. Served with her homemade pasta, butter, and yep, parm regg. Roll-your-eyes
-to-the-back-of-your-head good.

17 Likes

Oh mama…

1 Like

Work from home has my husband working amorphously later. Hard to time weeknight dinner under these circumstances, so some combo of pasta + frozen peas + speck or prosciutto + herb + light cream sauce is starting to feature in my rotation.

Last night’s riff had speck, pecorino romano, and fresh basil that were extra flavorful together.

13 Likes

Wednesdays are our set Chinese takeout night since we are both off on Thursdays. A little “celebration”. It was a long week, so especially enjoyable. No pics of the food, but I did snap one of my 'tini: my other favorite concoction of Bluecoat Gin, Lillet, and an orange peel. Lately, I have been adding a dash of orange bitters to further intensify the flavor and make it more complex. Bluecoat is an interesting gin, as they use orange peel with the botanicals in their distillation process. Therefore orange compliments it better than the usual lemon or lime-- in fact they even go so far as to suggest an orange slice if you make a G & T with their product.

20210224_223228

13 Likes

You are very kind …

2 Likes

Great looking plate of food!

I was going to make a stuffed loin but my grocery order showed up sans loin. :smirk: Instead…

Chicken, Bacon, Cheese Burgers on Brioche Buns w/Veganaise, Kaylin & Hobbs Honey Mustard Pickles.

Friends had been raving about K&H Pickles and I thought Okay, good pickles. Really, how great can a pickle be? Well, pretty darn great these fresh pickles in tasty brines are!

14 Likes

i love Bluecoat, but haven’t been able to find it close by in months…

i thought of you when i made this last week…

6 Likes

So cute. :heart:

Gorgeous.

There should be a HO Badge for thoughtfulness. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thursday Lunch.

17 Likes