What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

Thanks. I am learning cooking and want to become chef.

4 Likes

We’ve been happy with the fresh refrigerated brand Rana. It’s available in most stores around here (north of San Francisco). Not sure if it’s nationally available.

7 Likes

Thank you

Tuesday … A local bite out … A Carnivores´ Delight: PATATAS y CARNE (Beef) …

10 Likes

We’re in monmouth cty @gcaggiano and I have seen that brand. Thxs.

1 Like

I’ve tried their pasta and enjoyed it. Thanks for the reminder.

Fresh refrigerated (which I then freeze if it’s too much to cook for one or two meals), and I’ve had good success with the Wellesley Farms’ in-house brand from BJ’s Wholesale Club, as well as the Rana brands in regular supermarkets.

2 Likes

And both of those meals look wonderful!

yeah, i’d say you are a cook! Beautiful!
and not only that, you’re not “just” a recipe follower, you subbed merguez for sweet italian sausage, making you an experimenter and an adventurer - two sure signs of a cook!

3 Likes

Thank you. I’m going to try all 3 brands mentioned on this thread.

1 Like

And got amazing-looking chicken skin. :clap:t2:

3 Likes

Speaking of chicken skin…

Tonight I made Peruvian roast chicken with green sauce, and DH made wokked zucchini. Yum.

16 Likes

Posted on another of my food boards last Monday, I finally got around to it today, using Rana’s Spinach and Cheese Tortellini. Very good! I subbed Aleppo pepper for the RPF, and sprinkled a bit of grated Parm-Reg on top.

14 Likes

Pork mole tacos with pickled onions and guacamole. The mole was from a batch I made a while ago and froze. It seemed a little flat so I added some additional chiles and bittersweet chocolate which seemed to do the trick.

15 Likes

Rice, roasted purple cauliflower and fried plantains

13 Likes

Great looking plate of food, AND nice plates!

1 Like

i’ve been thinking of making peruvian chicken and ahi for over a week now and keep forgetting…

1 Like

Remind me which recipe you like? I’m ready to tweak mine. It was good, but there’s room for improvement.

1 Like

Our fancy French butcher had these beautiful grass fed, ground beef patties, and their bacon, so cheeseburgers it was. Cheddar cheese, on brioche buns. I tried to make brown sugar/bourbon/maple syrup bacon for the burgers, but I was working and just about incinerated a batch! Luckily it was only three slices. So BF cooked up a few more slices plain instead. He also made beer battered onion rings but the batter was too thick for both of us, didn’t love them. There are a lot leftover.

Burgers were excellent, though they were too rare for either of us and had to go back in the pan for a bit. So, not an easy day in the kitchen, but in the end a very tasty burger, and I’ll buy those patties again.

18 Likes

@mariacarmen I jumped up and roasted Aji Amarillo while waiting for a response!
Roasted

Peeled

Baited breath…

Wanting to use the sauce on the spatchcocked chicken i made x days ago.

How about this sauce?

12 Likes