What's for Dinner #64 - This Year's Almost Over, Thank Goodness! Edition - December 2020

This gives me idea, I have a piece of beef in the fridge. :yum::crazy_face:

Macron has Covid as many other Politians …

UK: PM Johnson
Usa: Trump and his wife
Monaco: Prince Albert
Spain: King Felipe VI
Brazil: President
Germany: Merkel - Angela

They are in the public eye and do not wear masks or distance.

Now they are following the “regulations” of their Health Ministers.

1 Like

You must mean the Roast Tenderloin of Pork (porchetta) …

I did not make the Iberian Acorn Fed Ham !!!

Thank you … Yes, the Porchetta was quite nice.

2 Likes

No no, not the Iberian ham… we have some slices in the fridge, not the whole leg. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Wait…I don’t think Merkel was positive. All the others, perhaps. I’ll go fact-check right now.

Edited to add: So, I don’t think Merkel ever tested positive, nor did Felipe VI. But I’m fact-checking while cooking dinner for 5 on my iPhone.

In any case, I think it would be a good policy NOT to state stats such as this on HO. It’s an easy way for bad data to get disseminated.

3 Likes

No, Merkel was suspected back in March, when her doctor was sick. She was in self quarantine for a few days.

2 Likes

Don’t care much about the politicians. My only wish is the restaurants can open soon! Now I don’t think they will open as promised in mid January…

2 Likes

Damn!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Those shrimp are monsters!

Tonight we made shrimp fried rice and pork dumplings with smacked cucumbers. Tasty, and more importantly, easy. I think my appetite might be coming back. :crossed_fingers:t2:

23 Likes

Spending time catching up on threads I missed. Missed a good deal; meals/topics. Dinner salad was a quick fix. The house has my attention at present. Evening, all.

14 Likes

Looks delicious!

Opted not to go with leftover Christmas dinner, but instead made a simple roasted BISO chicken breast seasoned with olive oil, Penzeys Old World seasoning blend, and a pinch of s/p.

Leftover Israeli couscous and newly steamed green beans were the sides, along with a glass of 2016 David Bruce Russian River Valley Chardonnay.

18 Likes

More coming to grips with leftovers, like the never ending hulk of the Christmas ham. Tonight, ham a la king on a croissant.

15 Likes

Costco has the best shrimp in my opinion!

3 Likes

Char sui cheung fun, rice, broccoli. The noodles taste great, but I suck at rolling them. More practice, more practice.

13 Likes

Made use of leftovers tonight with a big ham sandwich. Actually I see quite a few ham sandwiches in my future!

3 Likes

Yes, I know how difficult it must be on the Chefs and their staffs.

January 21st - is supposed to be their opening date …

Terribly saddened.

@gcaggiano

That is a lovely Roast Ham & trimmings… And a beautiful tree and the cat, he is stunning.
Big Cat Fan.

Unfortunately, we have not had cats due to our travelling prior to Covid however, my parents have 2 cats and I love them dearly. British Shorthair; 1 silver tabby and 1 Smokey Blue cream …

All our best wishes during these highly challenging times.

3 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding socially distanced dinner at our friends home Saturday night. We enjoyed melt in your mouth tenderloin of beef topped with a persillade sauce. It was cooked on top of the potatoes so the beef flavor was soaked up in them. There was white asparagus on the side. We also had shiitake mushrooms on toast topped with a fried egg; crunchy crab rangoon; mini appetizers of focaccia with apples and prosciutto, mini spinach pies and quiche; pasta with scungilli and shrimp in a marinara sauce. For dessert we enjoyed an excellent Elvis inspired creation of crispy wonton filled with creamy peanut butter and banana with a jelly dipping sauce, and a mango tart with Chantilly cream. As usual there were some awesome wines.

17 Likes