What's for Dinner #64 - This Year's Almost Over, Thank Goodness! Edition - December 2020

gorgeous bowl!

1 Like

Caesar salad with tomato and avocado (shut up haters), sliced chicken breast, and cheesy bread stick, green beans with toasted almonds.

PXL_20201214_230928635

15 Likes

Pan fried chicken breast over a bed of rigatoni in a vodka sauce.

15 Likes

I giggled at chicken beast. :wink:

Dinner looks wonderful!

6 Likes

What’s for Monday dinner? Homey vegetarian minestrone made with CSA veggies, a package of Pomi strained tomatoes, and a container of previously cooked cranberry beans from the freezer.

I garnished our bowls with grated pecorino, olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon. And we have leftovers, which is happy.

16 Likes

Sounds delicious. I like the dinnerware.

3 Likes

Faux bisteeya made with puff pasty instead of phyllo. The bottom layer held up really well - still crispy. But the top got a bit soggy because i brushed butter over it before it baked. Definitely prefer with phyllo, but this didn’t suck. just not my favorite of this dish, flavorwise. I mostly followed a David Lebovitz recipe. Salad was cukes, radishes, shallots, parsley & feta in a pomegranate syrup/blood orange vinegar dressing.

13 Likes

The chicken beast is probably a safer bet than the Perfectly Normal Beast. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By all means since my bulgogi was inspired by your bulgogi!

1 Like

Daughter in laws shepherd"s pie!

18 Likes

Love Shepherd’s Pie. What does she put in it?

1 Like

Today I’m cooked grilled vegetables with pesto. It looks amazing :heart_eyes:

18 Likes

Beautiful platter of food! Welcome to HO @AlisaFrost

2 Likes

Its a crazy week over here - Indian on a Monday? Whaaaat!

Anyway, it was mostly awful. Dal was undercooked and underseasoned. Green beans were tough / inedible (I threw mine out - and I rarely waste anything). Chicken was way too sour and didn’t taste of much else. Cauliflower was the only thing I didn’t have an issue with. And the kids’ chapatis (that I made from leftover GF pasta dough from the weekend, if you please).

Some days are just like that.

14 Likes

All of the Indian people I know, are Indian on Mondays too. “Comes with the territory”, as they say. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

You are not alone, I also added tomato and avocado to my Caesar last night.

3 Likes

Tuesday Dinner …

16 Likes

I came home at lunch to put conchinita pibil on the smoker.

I could not find banana leaves at “Mexican Meat Market” across the street from my work, but found plantain leaves.

I wonder why that might be. I usually find banana leaves at our local .Asian market.

Maybe they are the same.

11 Likes

Mashed potatoes on top, “mince” (in this case ground beef), peas carrots and gravy I think.

3 Likes

Whaaa?!! :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

4 Likes