What's For Dinner #63 - the Giving Thanks Edition - November 2020

It sounds like you hit the trifecta! You deserve it.

2 Likes

It was a crispy breadcrumb topping. The olive oil/parm coats the pasta then you add the red peppers, basil and ham. and top with toasted breadcrumbs.

1 Like

Dinner was lasagne last night, using garden tomatoes and chard, tasty.

3 for the freezer/kids

22 Likes

Worst dinner in a LONG time.

A promising-looking sandwich from Tre Colore in Middletown, NJ. Ended up being disgusting. I think the chicken was microwaved. No grill marks or signs of sautee. Just white. My first bite seemed undercooked. My second seemed overcooked. I removed all the chicken at this point. They used a spring mix inside, and that combined with balsamic glaze produced a hot and slimy salad which ruined the mozzarella and roasted red peppers.

No I didn’t blog about it. No I didn’t call to complain. Just do not have the energy today. At least their fries were very good.

11 Likes

Liked that you didn’t like it . Sometimes its terrible. The truth.

1 Like

Hoooray for all 3!!!

4 Likes

Ouch. My condolences.

1 Like

I made wraps with the leftover Lebanese meatballs, hummus, cucumbers, harrissa, zhoug, arugula, beets, and feta in a whole wheat wrap.

Pretty tasty, and quick.

16 Likes

Tasty taco bowls, from the leftover chorizo & eggs/rice & beans, and added lettuce, tomato, scallions, cilantro, avo, crema, and quickled sweet jalapenos. My flour tortillas. BF made himself a quesadilla too.

14 Likes

I did a bit of shopping at the local Asian grocery on Friday, so the theme is Asian dinners until I run out of steam. My family is not thrilled to have Asian after Asian but they are being sports. A lot of it is experiments for me too. Too tired to photo.
Day 1 - pork and mushroom bean curd rolls a la dim sum. Served with some rice and marinated bean sprouts.
Day 2 - shrimp rice noodles and a rice platter topped with the bbq pork filling used in bao and scallions
Day 3 - [will be] hot and sour soup plus potstickers
Day 4 - [will be] Spicy beef noodle soup with gai lan.
Day 5 - [will be] Japanese beef curry

10 Likes

I’ve been loving my new baking dish. Brats ,with beans tomatoes and garlic. Cassoulet cooking .Cheers.

16 Likes

Meatball sandwich, salad, and a pickle.

16 Likes

Those potatoes :+1:
All looks delicious

My kinda cookin’!

Meatloaf and Parmesan spaghetti squash last night. Should have been a seasonal meal, but wasn’t. I had to turn on the AC last night! My plants are as confused as I am :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Thanks. Many of your meals have inspired me. Now fingers crossed I can recreate those taters! I have the most luck with yukons roasted.

What a damn shame about your sandwich @gcaggiano - the bread looks freaking amazing.

1 Like

I wasn’t in the mood to cook last night - haven’t been for a while now - but The Sprout stepped in and made dinner. Sweet potato and black bean enchiladas with pickled onions and guacamole. It was very good. Luckily we have extra filling which will make a nice brunch with fried eggs.

12 Likes

Was the chicken overcooked or undercooked, I asked last night? Well, after the last 19 hours I can safely confirm it was UNDERcooked. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Ohhhh, NO!!! Hope you recover soon, @gcaggiano!

2 Likes