What's For Dinner #63 - the Giving Thanks Edition - November 2020

Smoked salmon and avocado oshizushi, salad, miso soup. And some belated bubbly.

15 Likes

Monday … Polenta with Braised Black Angus Ecological Beef … at home …

15 Likes

Loving your oshizushi - will try it one of these days…

2 Likes

@gcaggiano that is an absolutely gorgeous meal!!! :yum::kissing_heart: That beef & gravy are truly drool wothy & those biscuits!

2 Likes

I quite literally sat and studied the oshizushi picture for about 30 seconds, because the drizzle on top AND some of the scallion curls together looked like a word was written on the pieces. Yes, I know, I need my eyes checked. I’ve HAD them checked - waiting on the new RX eyeglasses. LOL

5 Likes

Egyptian cat asks “do they still worship us?”

I love Alfie’s expression here. Like when the partner tries to take a photo of me and wants me to smile. I say “I am smiling!” and this is my smiling face.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I made Lebanese-spiced beef and lamb meatballs simmered in seasoned tomato sauce, served over rice pilaf. Kale salad alongside.

16 Likes

prosciutto orecchiette with roasted red peppers and parm cheese. Comfort food on a beautiful monday night.

14 Likes

swoon!

1 Like

The BF said “you have something called berbere” while searching through our spice drawer, so I was going to make doro wat. What i actually had was urfa biber! Made a Moroccan chicken braise instead, with a spice blend that included the Turkish chile. Really good. Also carrots roasted with more urfa, cumin, and a little brown sugar at the end to caramelize. And almost the best part of dinner - buttery couscous with chicken broth, toasted pine nuts and scallions.

16 Likes

Happens once a year . Elk liverwurst from local hunters . Although harvested in Idaho. Thank you . On toasted bread with a little butter and red onion. Over the top . Cheers .

This was devoured like a Labrador retriever begging for more .

12 Likes

i’m sitting at your feet with beseeching eyes myself.

2 Likes

Asian tonight, or inspired anyway.

Tofu lettuce wraps, pan-fried chilli oil fish, roasted broccoli, miso shiitake mushrooms, snow peas and water chestnuts, and rice.

14 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

You might have just helped me figure out what dinner is tonight! And while I don’t have orecchiette, I have enough other pasta shapes that will work!

1 Like

Very flex recipe. Absolutely.

1 Like

What kind of sauce did you make, @Rooster? Couldn’t tell from the pic.

1 Like

Orecchiette must be in the air. I had a bunch of small tulips and their greens that I wanted to use. Substituted the turnip greens for broccoli, chopped up the turnips and cooked with Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, some dry vermouth, and a big spoon of Vivian Howard’s “Little Green Dress” sauce (from her new book, This Will Make It Taste Good). The green sauce is like and Italian herb chimichurri and is really delicious.

14 Likes

I’m in a better mood than I’ve been in weeks! I can point to three reasons, 1. Something that rhymes with smelection 2. The unseasonably warm, gorgeous weather in nj lately and 3. Completely forgetting my work is closed tomorrow for veteran’s day but my daughter’s school is open!

Last night’s pork, broccoli, carrot stir fry concoction. So easy to toss together. Very satisfying.

15 Likes