What's For Dinner #62 - the Spookalicious Edition - October 2020

Chicken tinga tostadas but with an aji amarillo pepper sauce instead of chipotle in adobo.

Too fiddly but maybe one of the rare dishes we all will eat.

19 Likes

Fiddly diddly tasty.

1 Like

Happy, happy, happy to you!!

1 Like

Gorgeous plates. I need to visit my good china. It’s in the basement and feeling very lonely.

4 Likes

thank you. we certainly don’t use ours often, but i’ve taken to incorporating them into special birthday dinners, even the kids, as well as holidays. if we can’t enjoy them, what’s the point?

2 Likes

My world as well. LOL

1 Like

I.
WANT.
TO.
SMOOSHY-FACE.
THAT.
CAT!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

I added the talk bubbles :joy_cat:

!Cat-GetOffTable_YoureNotMyRealMum

8 Likes

best looking chicken tinga i’ve seen, usually i find it too dry. Beautiful! and I love the addition of the aji amarillo.

1 Like

Livotis spread? We enjoy their sausage bread too.

1 Like

Yes sir!

I probably don’t speak only for myself when I say we all want to be your friend and go camping with you!

4 Likes

I recently discovered the TJs shaved beef and also luv it. Cornstarch? I have been pulling the slices apart meticulously and avoiding overcrowding. Is there an easier way?

The corn starch seemed to help keep the meat from sticking together… And I just kept tossing and tossing when cooking.

1 Like

Homemade red sauce and meatballs over bronze-cut spaghetti alla chitarra. I can die happy.

Boxed Barbera as the side. :wine_glass:

15 Likes

Last minute stuff at work (of course) before the long holiday weekend.

But I had a bottle chilling and a pork chop brining all day in unpasteurized apple cider, salt, a small handful of black, green, pink and white peppercorns, and sprigs of rosemary.

I patted it dry and seasoned it with olive oil and my favorite Penzeys’ Tsardust Memories. Pan-seared, then into the Breville oven to finish cooking. Sliced and drizzled with some cider syrup.

Sides were Israeli couscous and steamed green beans. And wine. Sláinte! Here’s to a long weekend!

16 Likes

Friday night pizza making tradition continues here. We make a bunch. Hubby, the kids and I each make a personalized one to our liking. And then there’s a large one that is acceptable to all for leftovers. They enjoy the homemade pizza for lunch during the week. Easy crudités on the side with a side of a family movie. While this whole lockdown— working around the clock and kids schooling at home, plus lost childcare often seems to be too much to bear 7 months in, there are some silver linings. Trying to notice and appreciate them every day.

20 Likes

Pizza here, too.

Ours had roasted CSA eggplant, tomato, and red pepper. Congrats to us all for making it through one long, crazy week.

18 Likes

Mrs. P made pan seared red snapper filet with caper, fresh home grown herbs, and vermouth sauce, along with asparagus, and roasted delicata squash with Mike’s hot honey and hand shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese. It all went great with an excellent inexpensive French red blend. It was a beautiful evening for al fresco dining on the deck.

19 Likes

It’s been a while. :slight_smile:

Fish on Friday :fish:

Cilantro-dill-basil-caper-lemon butter-topped Faroe Island salmon tonight, with scalloped potatoes (with leftover fried tomatoes mixed in), slow cooked leeks and homegrown green beans with dill, salad, mushrooms and red fife-flax-pecan- sesame bread.

20 Likes