What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

Friday night pizzas on store bought fresh whole wheat dough.

Tonight grilled burgers, tater tots and the most amazing corn. I’m feeling so uninspired by the endlessness of lockdown, but a grilled bacon cheeseburger always hits the spot on a summer weekend.

13 Likes

And THAT is the truth!

1 Like

Fettuccine Carbonara (with chopped bacon because it’s what I had and I wasn’t going out in public for pancetta), asparagus with Salter’s Point Provisions Cross Island Fleur de Sel made by a good friend of mine.

Wine with dinner. And Cuarenta y Tres after dinner with a quick peach cobbler made with some local peaches from Farmer Dave’s in Dracut.

20 Likes

Dinner outside at home has become our new dining out. A meatball and roasted pepper pizza cooked on our grill made for a satisfying Sunday supper.

14 Likes

How are the peaches from Farmer Dave’s? I can’t get peaches from my usual source this summer so I was thinking of going over there.

3 Likes

We had a WEEK. My husband got a deep cut on his foot and now on crutches. Hurricane knocked out power (restored) and internet (nope). My father is not well. Work is bonkers. Lots of other drama in various levels of seriousness. But, there are these NJ tomatoes which are giving me hope we can do another week.

18 Likes

That cobbler looks amazing!!

1 Like

Please persevere, and know we are thinking of you! Hope your challenges ease with the coming week, and the adverse events minimaliize @gracieggg.

3 Likes

That’s a lot. Hang in there and best to everyone.

1 Like

Denise, I get them from their farmstand on East St. in Tewksbury…just about a mile from me. I was there last weekend, and they were all small. I picked up 5 of them. BUT the person at checkout said get there in the morning for the larger ones. I let them ripen for a few days. Should have used them on Saturday, but they held out until today. They were very peachy and sweet!

2 Likes

Lovely tomatoes. I hope this week is better!

3 Likes

Leftovers from the BF’s Thai dinner. He made a BBQ sauce for the ribs, heated up rice, made slaw and a green salad, doctored up canned black beans, and a green salad. and as to our earlier conversation about portion control, ahem… these are actually small plates. and i only ate one of those ribs, BECAUSE I ate ALL THE FAT off all three of them. #priorities

Fries for brunch, natch. All the BF. Well, the bloodies were mine. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Oh man, hope it all gets better for you guys! and that the tomatoes assuaged somewhat.

I have ice cream if it would help. But it couldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

Our friend invited my BF and I over for dinner, but since he had to work, we decided to have a cookout featuring his least favorite meal in the world (so he would not miss out): liver and onions (with bacon!). I love the stuff, and it’s usually a once a year treat for me. My friend first cooks the bacon and then the onions and liver get cooked in bacon fat. MMM!

We cooked outside to allow for social distancing and ate dinner in his beautiful candlelit screen house. I prepared Negronis for us using my travel martini kit before we moved on to chardonnay. A beautiful night in a wonderful hidden garden setting.

21 Likes

More BLT salad. …with croutons!

15 Likes

My favorite girl on earth will say to me . " your killing me small’s. "

3 Likes

Fried rice.

13 Likes

SUNDAY: Hotel Casa Bianci Al Mare, Jesolo, Venezia. Our last dinner …

15 Likes

What a lovely escape.

Too funny about the liver and onions. I thought I was the only person who liked it. Way back when, Mr Bean’s uncle took us out to one the “in” (at that time) restaurants in NYC. They thought it it was hysterical that I ordered the liver and onions. It was one of the best meals I ever had.

4 Likes