What's For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

well, we went with the take-out and I’m SO GLAD we did. it was excellent, and did not suffer from not being eaten in the restaurant one bit. it helps that we live around the corner from this place. The rib-eye, while not searing hot, was more than warm and perfectly cooked. Roasted potatoes, crispy yuca fries with aioli, chimichurri and grilled bread. BF made a salad copying one of theirs (because we have SO MUCH veg in the house) with a pseudo Green Goddess dressing. I had a glass of CA Viognier with, because I had no red open, and it went surprisingly well with the steak.

Excellent 2nd bday dinner. Leftovers will be there waiting for us.

18 Likes

I give you a roasted tomato caprese salad made with CSA cherry tomatoes and marinated mozzarella. Served with fresh sea salt foccacia that I baked today.

The flavors were bright and fresh, like a deconstructed pizza margarita.

18 Likes

Happy happy!

1 Like

Fantastic, beautiful, gorgeous. I thought you forgot the wine on a Friday night . I see you didn’t . Wonderful.

2 Likes

Swedish meatballs with steamed potatoes, lingonberry jam, and broccolini.

Followed this recipe from Chef John for the most part:

17 Likes

BF working late but I can sleep in tomorrow so waiting for him. Midnight shrimp tacos it will be. Don’t count on pics.

Currently sipping a vodka martini while watching Anthony Bourdain. The simple pleasures in life. Cheers!

9 Likes

Fabulous Friday . No description… Cheers .

10 Likes

When The Sprout said she was in the mood to make scallion pancakes dinner was planned. I put together a Koreanesque marinade with soy, fish sauce, ginger garlic, onion, and gochujang for grilled pork chops. Served with sesame spinach and the pancakes.

13 Likes

I’ll take it. That looks great. Off to buy more tomatoes from the farmers’ market!

2 Likes

Agree on LaCroix - their flavors are hit ot miss. The Key Lime is not great. They put out new Hibiscus and Watermelon flavors recently which are both good, IMO, and I like their Apricot flavor as well as several of their fancier “Curate” flavors, though those are more expensive. Overall I prefer Polar, Poland Spring or Stop and Shop’s store brand flavors.

1 Like

Good to know on the others @biondanonima. A couple of LC’s I do like well enough are orange and mango. The coconut, used as a mixer, is pretty good, and fairly convincing you’re having a nice tropical drink! :hibiscus::coconut::pineapple: Without all the calories.

2 Likes

Dinner the past two nights.

10 Likes

Happy Birthday Maria Carmen.
Feliz Cumpleaños …

1 Like

Maybe I’ve tried the wrong flavors, but I generally don’t go for sweet stuff (even in ‘profile’), so I wouldn’t reach for mango or watermelon…

1 Like

Saturday. A quick bite enroute to see Dear Friends who have been producing Reggiano Parmigiano for many generations. (Going east to Emilia Romagna not far from the Ligurian Border) … Emerald pasture lands. Lunch was: a type of proscuitto called “Culatello” …

11 Likes

One post after another, you amaze and impress. You’re living the life!

3 Likes

Well, 2 more days in Italia and returning home to Barcelona.

Ha Ha … Simple charcuterie !!

A friend of our´s produces Culatello … My husband is Italian as well as my paternal family (great grandparents and grandparents and father when he was an infant), they came to Barcelona and Girona.

Have a great August and stay well.

5 Likes

My first visit to Home Goods since February was quick and fruitless. There was nothing there that I didn’t know I needed to have. In fact, it looked like they had removed stock from the floors to allow customers easier passage.

Dinner was a boneless pork chop, seasoned with s/p and dried thyme, pan sauteed. Previously sauteed mushrooms in marsala and white wine were added and the whole shebang was covered and simmered until done.

Toasted Israeli couscous and steamed broccoli alongside, as well as wine.

12 Likes

Michigan Sweet Corn must find its markets; and we’re doing our best help out those Thumb farmers pushing product our way.

Dearborn Brand cased hotdogs, LARGE COTC:

13 Likes

We went fishing and roasted our catch for lunch. Sauteed summer squash with shallot and brown butter as the side.

Random assembled dinner (tuna salad on rye, nuggets) after beers out.

18 Likes