What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Quick pressure release applies to every pressure cooker I’ve used. It’s one of three pressure release methods: QPR, running water over the pressure cooker (which you can’t do with any electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot), and natural release.

2 Likes

That all looks great! Would you mind sharing what kind of vegan feta and mozz you used? I just used some of the violife feta in a Mediterranean-ish corn salad with olives, pepperoncini, tomatoes, and basil. Was pretty good. I also just snagged a bunch of preacher destined for cobbler, but hadn’t settled on a recipe yet. Do you happen to have any recommendations? Thanks!

Great move. I have tomatoes. I have olive oil. Yet it took the inspiring photos from @Presunto to prompt me to serve them drenched in that liquid gold.

A simple twist and oh so good.

1 Like

It was so good! Usually I just drizzle the oil on top but because of what I saw here, let them soak in a pool of it and drizzled even more on top.

3 Likes

I knew the moment I saw the photo on IG what had inspired you!

1 Like

The Hungry Onion needs an Instagram so we can tag each other.

2 Likes

Late like always! Happy birthday!!

Please accept mine as well. A very happy birthday to you!!

And from me, too, @Lambchop

:birthday:

Sorry I missed your birthday. Hope it was great! The good sure looked good!

Missed this - happy belated b’day!

I made ribeye steak (we split one) rubbed with Montreal and herbes d’Provence, COTC with TPSTOB, and a summer salad with CSA new potatoes, cherry tomatoes, Italian beans, and shallot-sherry Dijon vinaigrette with basil and parsley. So summery!

15 Likes

Love it. One of Larry David’s best venture

I can watch them over and over and still belly laugh at episodes

Simple use of a leftover chicken that was roasted the other night. A can of diced tomatoes, chicken, sliced peppers and cut asparagus, topped with some finely shredded cheese from end pieces.

Exceeded expectations

image image

16 Likes

A simple dinner of Chinese style eggs with tomatoes. I had this once, a while back at a HO Down, and have been meaning to try making it ever since. Tonight was the night. I love eggs just about any way possible and I can tell this is going to be made often. Easy to prepare and really good to eat.

20 Likes

Add images here

Mrs. P made a healthy roasted cauliflower steak topped with sautéed red onions, and roasted shishito and mini peppers on the side. I topped it off with spicy Korean Gochjang sauce to give it a nice kick. It was also marinated in balsamic vinegar to give it a nice char.

17 Likes

Ham and cheese sandwich and tots.

18 Likes

Hear hear! Looks fantastic. It’s just as flexible as you want it to be too, I’ve had it with long beans instead of tomatoes, or frankly most types of fridge cleaning type meals. (I also do a Chinese Japanese hybrid rice bowl with onions, mirin and dashi too - the sweetness from mirin and onions is similar in a way to the tomatoes)

3 Likes

So much work, so much stress. Dogs doing okay, but right now we basically do pills and pee. :roll_eyes: Working from home a lot so I can do some dinner prep during the day. Today made naan dough and marinated some chicken breast marinated in Aleppo pepper, yogurt, lemon, evoo, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, and garlic. Chicken was supposed to be kabobs, but after cooking the naan I was out of energy so no skewers/grill in the 95 degree heat. Chicken sautéed, served with naan and zucchini. Great flavor. Would have been extra good on the grill.

15 Likes