What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

The wine was lousy but avail. Lamb chops torched in the hotel (shhhh), along with take out B sprouts and zucchini parm. Late night dinner before work.

16 Likes

It was the violife brand “Just like feta.” it was pretty good. The mozzarella i used was the Daiya shredded mozzarella.

my regular (non-vegan) peach cobbler method is close to this one. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/peach-cobbler/

The vegan version I made the other day (in individual mini pie tins for proper social distancing protocols) was this one:

Thanks again for all the b-day wishes! :birthday::balloon:Covid’s not claiming me anytime soon…just not gonna happen!!

5 Likes

Tonight i was lacking in inspiration and had defrosted some BLSL chicken breasts. I butterflied the really large breasts, coated with EVOO, minced garlic and a TJ’s poultry rub. Roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower + corn on the cob alongside. It worked. no pic.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips. Eggs can go in so many different directions so they are a great way to use up what’s in the fridge. The recipe I used described the flavor as being sweet-tart. I thought my tomatoes were a little on the sweet side so I added a splash of black vinegar which really perked up everything.

1 Like

The wine was lousy .What ??

1 Like

Lol…I hear ya!

1 Like

@paryzer

As Rod proclaims: Every picture tells a story…
These pictures say “Life is glorious.”

2 Likes

It’s the vivid colors that I find consistently joyful in your meals and homestyle. Lucky man (Emerson Lake and Palmer ref). @paryzer.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks so much! I’m a fan of violife- they have provolone-esque slices that are pretty damn good, even when melted.

I found one of the corn- it was super sweet, from a little produce market by my parents in FL. I was there for a month or so, and forged on the super cheap fruit and veg. Scored some dandelion greens, and they came with a free bug friend haha

14 Likes

Thank you @Rooster! Mrs. P is very artistic. They say you eat with your eyes :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow have I been doing that wrong all these years!!! (joke - but I concur your food always looks fantastic)

2 Likes

Thanks @NotJrvedivici! I try to bring Mrs. P and other chefs’ food to life, with my pictures to give the incredible food the justice it deserves :blush:

Got to love tater tots

1 Like

BLTs on multi-grain with CSA yellow tomato and garden lettuce. Warm roasted cauliflower salad with kimchi sesame dressing. We really liked this.

18 Likes

Do you have a recipe or pls share your prep method. Thanks.

Turkey tenderloin, marinated for an hour in orange juice, a shit-ton of ginger (fresh grated and ground), some honey and s/p, then pan-seared and finished in the convection oven. Marinade reduced and a Tbsp of heavy cream added to sauce it up.

Leftover Basmati rice, and steamed green beans and white wine alongside.

18 Likes

Salmon with side salad and corn medley. Using up our local produce pick up

16 Likes

I cut the cauliflower into florets, sprinkled with salt, and microwaved on high for 9-10 min til quite tender. Then tossed with a little oil (small amount of bacon grease left in the roasting pan), more s&p and broiled til a lil charred on both sides. While the cauliflower roasted I used the Ninja mini chopper to combine homemade Napa and carrot kimchi and juice, lime juice, Thai chili-garlic sauce, soy sauce, ponzu sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, veg oil, and salt. Poured over the hot roasted cauliflower, tossed with chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seed and inhaled.

10 Likes