What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Sorry that your last grocery shop let you down. Stinks when that happens.

You rallied and got dinner on the table anyway. Virtual high five!

1 Like

Iā€™ve 2 rhubarbs, one is more in the shade and the other has much more sun. Itā€™s stunning the difference between them, the sunny one has stems twice the thickness as the other though, shorter stems and 3 times more leaves. Those articles about rhubarb a shade-like plant is not exactly true.

2 Likes

This curry oil is simply curry powder heated in a neutral oil, left to settle.

1 Like

I see! I read a bit on it just now, some recipes request oil infused with curry leaves.

We have a gas stove so I just blacken
peppers on a screen over the gas flame. Takes just minute or so on each side, remove skin into a sieve in the sink to facilitate cleanup.

What Asian Fusion restaurant to you love? It surely canā€™t be local to us.

1 Like

Dinner last night: wild caught sockeye salmon, Greek salad, COTB. All was delicious, but the fish was the star.

14 Likes

I might be a teeny bit OCD, but now that I have one rhubarb, if I buy another one I feel like I need to plant it adjacent. Somehow it would feel very wrong to me to plunk it in some other part of the yard!

They look really cool though, as stand alone plants @Sasha, but can understand your thoughts on the matter.

Looks cool doesnā€™t stand a chance against OCD :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I have canker sores, they are aggravated mightily by anything acidic. I donā€™t know how you managed with a tomato dish.

Easy! Move both together in a brighter spot! :rofl: I only discover this year that it is a heavy feeder.

Iā€™m afraid to dig it up, and itā€™s providing some nice greenery in a shady-ish bed that I have. What do you mean feeder? Do you fertilize yours? Iā€™ve never fertilized mine. Maybe I shouldā€¦

In the past, I only fertilized once a while. This year every other week, and a big difference in productivity.

I agree that itā€™s quite an attractive plant.

1 Like

Ok. Iā€™m putting a mental note in for next year. Ours is done for the season now. Thank you for the suggestion!

Mind that mine is in a pot, so I need to do this more often than in ground.

1 Like

It didnā€™t seem to bother much, oddly. The chewing motion was excruciating though.

Feel better!

Iā€™m almost there!

1 Like

Tonight was what I call ā€œpizza chickenā€ - brined chicken breast cutlets seared, smothered in tomato sauce with sauteed peppers, mushrooms, and onions, topped with mozzarella and provolone cheese and turkey pepperoni, and baked in a cast-iron skillet until bubbly.

Kale salad with fig-orange vinaigrette on the side.

11 Likes