What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Thanks for the reminder to buy bacon this week. I LOVEEEEEEEEEE BLTs!

5 Likes

Thank you @Scubadoo97 :blush: It was almost too pretty to eat :slightly_smiling_face:

I love your use of the various Asian condiments in your cupboard @ChristinaM. Helpful. You have a really good handle on what compliments what.

P. S. I’m in the beginning of this thread and will probably see more, but for now - Camping Chicken & Dumplings! :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Grilled corn on the cob, grilled chicken and grilled steak for dinner at my friend’s house. Baby cheesecakes for dessert. There was wine. And watermelon vodka slushies.

17 Likes

Those Turkish eggs on yogurt with browned butter. çilbir

Too much butter. Don’t quote me; I’ll deny it.

16 Likes

Home from the country -> bits and pieces, somethings old, somethings new. Veg plate with cold “planned over” barbeque pork loin

17 Likes

So… whatizit?

Looks rich.

I added too much browned butter, if there is such a thing.

It’s çilbir

Or
TURKISH POACHED EGGS WITH GARLICKY YOGURT (ÇILBIR)

@Presunto started it.

4 Likes

TY.
I think I could sit down with this and an unsliced loaf of french bread and eat until I suffered a food Coma.

3 Likes

I was going to say the exact same thing!!!

1 Like

And later…(I am getting on the) tomatoes in olive oil, and Italian sausage with piperade.

19 Likes

BF made this delicious appetizer tonight which we had prior to chicken katsu with curry sauce and steamed broccoli: Firecracker Shrimp. These morsels made for top notch drinking food. Unfortunately I have an early morning tomorrow so there wasn’t too much drinking.

18 Likes

Oh, wow, thank you :blush:

That looks gorgeous and sounds delicious!!! Summer on a plate.

1 Like

Reading what I could of that article/recipe, I’m DROOLING. My kind of meal!!

1 Like

43 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #60 - The Hot August Nights Edition - August 2020

Extraordinarily elegant stemware glasses and beautiful photographs, gorgeous food and wines / cocktails as always.

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

Love it . Was close to making it today . I sort of replicate the rick Bayless recipe to taste . Similar.

1 Like

I started a new thread for August here. Sorry I forgot yesterday.

2 Likes

@MAH, @Barca, and @ChristinaM – I finally posted a new thread for August. (See upthread) In case you want to re-post your dinner on the new thread.

Otherwise, maybe a Mod can move them over. @naf (not sure who handles the WFD threads)

2 Likes