What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

I’ve been working on my pizza skills . This one was baked at 475 degrees on a preheated inverted cookie sheet, using a foccaccia dough from a Milk St Cookbook.

Same dough on Sat night, baked at 450.

Previous pizza a few weeks ago, using frozen no knead pizza dough, using Jim Lahey’s recipe, baked at 475 on a preheated inverted cookie sheet.

16 Likes

Not very. He’s a primary care MD who changed his practice to medical marijuana. He got tired of treating chronic disease.

2 Likes

my favorite dish using aji amarillo is Papa a la Huancaina.

it’s a cold potato dish with a spicy cheese sauce.

love this stuff.

another close favorite, though, is Peruvian chicken with the green sauce:

12 Likes

orecchiette with roasted cauliflower, shallots, garlic, capers, lemon zest, parm, toasted breadcrumbs, fresh corn, bacon, parsley, and a tiny sprinkling of thinly shredded mozz. Tasty. Green salad with basil/mint dressing on the side.

14 Likes

Thank you! I think the NYTIMES recipe inspired me to make Aji Amarillo paste last year!

1 Like

i’ve used these recipes too, and just always add aji amarillo paste.

6 Likes

Ooo! I haven’t seen that one before!

1 Like

and here’s another one I’ve used. not to belabor the point, but i just love this dish! again, always add aji amarillo.

4 Likes

Back in my home town today . Not impressed. On top of the couples problem where I’m staying. Three days are cut to two . Cheers

15 Likes

Veggie tacos with cheese, seitan “chorizo,” onions, crema, and salsa.

13 Likes

Where do you add it? In the green sauce? Instead of, or in addition to the jalapeno?

2 Likes

Thank you fro posting this recipe as well as the other Peruvian chicken recipe. I usually use a commercial Peruvian marinade but it is very salty - so much so that I can’t take my rings off the next day and I’m not usually affected by salt. I’m going to have to try yours out.

1 Like

Needed to use up the ground turkey so turkey burgers it was. Some oven fries and the star was the shaved Brussels sprout salad (with apple, parm, dried cherries, mustard, lemon, evoo).

11 Likes

in addition, but if you don’t like the heat, you can omit the jalapeno. i just like the fruity taste the aji amarillo adds, so it’s not just the heat.

Middle Eastern zucchini flatbread with red onion and chili flakes. Followed a YouTube recipe that was not entirely in English but demonstrated the steps in a clear manor. They came out delicious, though next time I would add some garlic. We’re having Italian tonight so these were just a time-kill and cooking therapy.

13 Likes

Nicely done, Greg. Reminds me of photos @klyeoh has posted of flatbreads in his area of the world.

2 Likes

What amazing flora ! Incredible …

Beautiful dishes too …

1 Like

I just dolloped a little sour cream and some of that fresh cilantro on top and it is AMAZING.

1 Like

@mariacarmen Boston area Onion here…I had to look up Oakham. Never been there, never even heard of it though I went to school out that way for a year and have been to Central / Western Mass a lot in my lifetime. That is now on the list of places to check out. Thank you!

5 Likes

you are welcome!

haha funny - my FB Memories showed me that I made these Peruvian dishes - the chicken, the green sauce, and the papas a la Huancayna exactly a year ago! Time to make it again.