What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Like minds. Different fish.

Alaskan King Salmon

Seasoned with a Penzys sample packet (Which I will be buying. Not that I don’t have the same simple spices to combine but I like theirs :slightly_smiling_face:) finishing squirts of Lemon & Olive Oil, garnished w/Spicy Micro-greens.

I :heart: Micro-greens

Avocado Corn Tomato Salad

Tossed with Aji Amarillo Sauce that I horde from a Peruvian Chicken restaurant.

Dessert - Berry Compote (Tamai Farm’s Strawberries, Murray Family Farm’s Arapaho Blackberries, Water, OJ, Sugar, Grated Peel) on Melty Vanilla Haagen-Dazs

14 Likes

Love the spicy micro green mix. Only way is to grow these myself (haven’t looked into it yet). I live in food hell.

1 Like

I’ve wondered how hard it is, myself. I love Micro-Shiso but she doesn’t grow them (“too expensive”) and the Farmers Market that sometimes had them hasn’t reopened. :frowning_face:

Enough reading material out there. Apparently it’s not so hard to grow at home. Thing is, seed options are limited where I live. I’ve seen like 3 types. It’s not like I can order absolutely everything under the sun from Amazon like in other countries.

@Rooster grows them. Maybe he can give you some pointers.

2 Likes

Yeah, Amazon is a luxury but a habit we’re trying to break.

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

The meal is as colorful as the flowers. Vibrant.

1 Like

I’m so glad you posted this because I was just thinking if he posts anymore great looking home-fried fries I’m going to make him cough up the steps. Thank you!

P.S. Temps?

1 Like

Oooo! I’m growing Aji Amarillo just to make that! Can you describe it?

1 Like

I’m not sure on the exact temperature but I kept the oil on medium heat. Generic deep-sided sauce pan. By keeping it on medium I had more control over how quickly they browned.

2 Likes

Very chilled, very hot, very lime, just enough Mayo to soothe the acid heat. It’s a great base for Peruvian Chicken & Rice Soup. I’ve baked Meat in it too. :yum: But mostly I like it chilled, as is, on anything I can think of, hot or cold. Let me reiterate :fire:. Don’t let the looks fool you - a little goes a long way.

2 Likes

How delightful.

2 Likes

That sounds like a really good time.

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning this. I was tempted and now I am not. Don’t fret, though. I’m unlikely to go long without finding an alternative temptation of some sort. :wink:

2 Likes

I felt the same way about Lomo Saltado until I had it with Filet Mignon at a Peruvian restaurant that I wouldn’t exactly say was modern, but the chef was young and put a freshness on everything. It was delicious!

2 Likes

@TheCookie, I have been growing micro greens using seed quilts from

7 Likes

Quick and easy dinner: chicken and asparagus in a light mustard-tarragon cream sauce.

Wine alongside, despite it being a Monday night. Because, fuckit.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, helium balloons last a long fucking time when they’re not disturbed. This birthday balloon was given to a coworker back in early March.

11 Likes

Thanks @Rooster!

1 Like

Yep

3 Likes

Asparagus with huge overpour of green goddess

Blistered padrones

Rosy grilled Niman Ranch chop, pancetta fried rice

17 Likes