What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Hi @Saregama,
I made two batches of kheema. One according to Julie Sahni, without tomatoes, and one according to Tejal Rao, with tomatoes. I liked both, but my wife much preferred the version with tomatoes. Our freezer will have to accept both versions.

3 Likes

Two days. I’m out of the office for TWO DAYS. :::BIG sigh:::

Sugar snap peas and red bell pepper were sauteed and added to cooked penne and leftover chicken from last night after a sauce of garlic-herb cheese, heavy cream, pasta water, and additional dried herbs got made in the same cookpot as the pasta. Topped with grated Parm-Reg and dinnah.

Oh. And yannow that whole wait until Thursday or Friday for a glass of wine thing I’ve got going on? Yeah. THAT got all shot to hell.

18 Likes

As it should be!

2 Likes

Goat cheese, spinach, pancetta crepes

20 Likes

I made these beer-brined pork chops (used IPA - still great), broccoli cheese, and sour cream mashed potatoes. Craving satisfied! Italian red to go with.

24 Likes

Oh my . Wow .

After a day at the beach, we drove 45 minutes in the opposite direction to our favorite pizzeria in Perth Amboy for pizza and wings. I’ve posted their pizza before, so here are the wings. Crispy as hell, and rather coated in sauce and soggy, they lace the batter in spice. They’re hotter than you would think. Place is owned by a husband and wife in their 70s. They have no other employees…and nothing on the menu besides pizza, wings, and a cheesesteak. One time I asked for calamari and was met with an incredulous, “Calamari???” I learned my lesson. LOL

To drink: gin with sparkling wine and elderflower.

24 Likes

BLTs tonight. A little green salad and wine on the side.

22 Likes

Yummmmmmmmm

Looks like a nice tomato.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s dinner - tacos with eggs, portabella mushrooms, shallots, Colby-Jack cheese, crema, salsa, and smoky black Yucateco hot sauce.

Today’s dinner - kimchi pancake and some chive and pork dumplings from the freezer.

25 Likes

Which kimchijeon recipe did you use, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m usually lazy and use a box, but these days… Straight flour recipes just don’t feel quite right to me.

1 Like

I used this recipe from NYT that @zippo1 linked, it uses half flour and half potato starch. I added a little beaten egg because I had some egg leftover from lunch.

6 Likes

I love how you start with “I didn’t feel like cooking” and post a beautiful meal. I mean I get it, but it speaks to this community

6 Likes

Pizza and beers - out!

23 Likes

Pork chop salad plate with tonnato sauce, potatoes seared in pork pan + duck fat

18 Likes

Cantonese clay pot style rice bowl with baby bok choy, broccolini, lap cheong, portobello mushrooms, thousand year old egg, scallions, and seasoned soy sauce. I don’t have a clay pot, used my rice cooker.

18 Likes

Ooh yum!

(Is that All Souls?)

It is! And damn, that greens, leeks, fontina, and mozz pizza was AMAZING! They aren’t offering the spicy shrimp pizza yet, which I still need to try.

1 Like

That looks so good! Never tried one of those eggs.

1 Like