What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

That’s my craving, too!

1 Like

All I can say is :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:. And lucky you!

4 Likes

I made beef and garden snow peas after a recipe by Grace Young for beef and broccoli. I changed up the method a bit and it was really good. I think tender beef and unsparing with oil are key. Over jasmine rice.

16 Likes

@Saregama
@ChristinaM

I have the Philips Pasta Maker. It works like the old play doh toy (not sure if either of you are old enough to remember that) You put your flour - I usually use a mix of AP and semolina - eggs and water into the machine and turn it on. It mixes and kneads the dough and then pushes it ourt through dies. A while back I was going to be teaching a class on the machine so I brought it home to try out. I put everything and turned it on, the timer said 15 minutes so I went about doing other things. All of a sudden I heard The Sprout yelling as the pasta was coming out and she had no idea what to do. It was probably done in less than 10 rather than 15 minutes. The family loved it so it was a family present one year.

To be honest, I’ve had for quite a while but hadn’t used it in ages. Since I got the Philips I also got the Kitchen Aid pasta roller attachment for my mixer and tend to use that more often. I was reorganizing some shelves and decided to pull it out to use. I forgot how easy it was. The pasta was pretty good too.

I’ve never watched Queer Eye so I’m not sure if it’s the same thing but it can be a wee bit temperamental.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/philips-pasta-maker/

6 Likes

Love it . Junky meal tonight. Good hard day at work .Hamburger patty , couple of over easy eggs. Avocado, toast. And wine .

6 Likes

Needed to get some new sourdough starter, and my local bread place finally reopened so I got bread, starter, flour, and a pizza kit. Kit made two awesome Neapolitan zasss.

18 Likes

Pan roasted chicken breasts with all the things ( meaning dry drink, African curry, some thyme and some gastrique made from tomato shrub).

Smallest breasts I have seen in a long time.

Are these Covid chickens? I remember looking for smaller chickens in the past.

14 Likes

Awesome is the word.

1 Like

Finally smaller chicken. Nice

1 Like

Wow looks great.

1 Like

That’s pretty awesome. Does she get help!

ETA What kind of help does she get?

1 Like

Best of luck!

1 Like

We received another beautiful shipment of black bass filets and a gorgeous huge red snapper from Local 130 seafood. Friday night Mrs. P made some crispy skinned filet of black bass topped with shrimp in a delicious fresh herb (from our garden) butter, caper, and vermouth sauce, with asparagus on the side. It went great with a delicious California red blend.

18 Likes

Not much besides my dad. I still can’t believe she does it all. She is unbelievable. All organic too. They do have a farmer that cuts the fields for hay.

3 Likes

Very much lucky me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Happy you are rained on with food blessings @gracieggg! What a fabulous looking garden. Am searching for a quote from the goddess Ceres, appropriate to an abundance of food. Will post when found. :blush::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

One of those nights when it was hard to even decide what we wanted to eat. We came up with this: grilled hot Italian sausages, with tasty sides. Salad was amazing & we managed to eat the rainbow! Well all except for blue, I guess. Totally hit the spot. Oh night before, due to QT ennui, it was a takeout burger meal from Carl’s Jr. (IMO) one of best drive thru takeout burgers around. With Diet Cokes, FF’s & onion rings. Drove through McDonald’s next to Carl’s & picked up an Oreo McFlurry. Because we deserved it! :upside_down_face:
No pics, but felt I needed to come clean & cop to it. Oops, maybe poor choice of words there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

17 Likes

FRENCHESCARGOTf4047f2726bfd62ee30d893c2c640e23

Saturday Treat at a lovely French Bistro: Escargot …
As we are in Phase 2, we have gone out to our local spots (reservations) and have treated ourselves.
Photo by my “Dear GP”.

16 Likes

Friday Classic Gnocchi Lunch at home.

22 Likes

Cooking without the usual panic “must get dinner on the table ASAP!” Very refreshing! I used some lovely arugula and broccoli from our little garden. I tried to get a nice crispy skin on some black bass but nearly burnt it. Still yummy. Topped a couple with a garlic scape pesto I made with walnuts. Sides of broccoli, farro and that arugula salad with a tasty red wine vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard dressing.

21 Likes