What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Sautéed bok choy with some shallots, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, and rice vinegar with rice and the last homemade pork potstickers.

22 Likes

It was either this or Thermidor, another classic, but I figured I’d have more control over the Newburg as a first timer making it and I wanted to avoid mishaps.

1 Like

Silly me, I meant Thermidor actually. But I’d take either one in a New York minute! Hope you enjoyed every single morsel.

1 Like

I did! Felt my arteries hardening with each bite!

1 Like

Forgot to add these to my post. Lobster currently on sale at Shop Rite $6.99 a pound. These were absolute beauties. Got more meat out of these than ever before.

22 Likes

Great looking meal for a special occasion!

1 Like

A sort-of puttanesca sauce over pasta. I have a pasta machine extruder. You put flour, water, and eggs into the hopper and less than 10 minutes later have freshly made pasta. We used the pappardelle die. If you get the water started boiling before you through everything into the machine you can have fresh pasta in less time than it takes to make it from a box.

19 Likes

Sending well wishes to Scuba. Hope it goes well. When you can eat again let it be a feast every time.

4 Likes

Happy anniversary! And those scallops… OH MY!!!

1 Like

oh my lord! Happy anniversary, and many, many more.

but the decadence of that Lobster dish! Lovely! Normally I’d say hope next year’s is more festive, under the circumstances, but you’ve set yourself a new bar!

2 Likes

omg i love that you just quoted Phoebe.

1 Like

Ooh I must know more about this pasta extruder!

1 Like

Happy anniversary! That’s a fabulous celebration!

1 Like

Yes, me, too. Pray tell @MsBean. I think I saw something similar on Queer Eye but it failed in the crucial moment (user error?).

Dinner started very early today with a freezer dive that unearthed a pound of ground chuck, and the end of a loaf of French Bread. Had the chance to choose between baking a faux Shepherd’s Pie, or a red sauce casserole. DW flinched all the russet potatoes I was eyeing; to make a Potato Salad for a family picnic tomorrow, so we went slight Italian. My Muse worked with me to the end. Fun to put together, delicious on the plate.

21 Likes

It was a good day.
Drop dead gorgeous weather.
A nice day for my first day off in 6 months.
AND I didnt get hounded by people at work or WFH.
BONUS.

Quick dinner after I got home from antiquing in NH (nothing purchased, but a nice day for a drive up north…except for those two cars who got in an accident on Andover on 93N and one of them had their car go up in flames. Yeah. Maybe not so good for them.)

Chicken with lemon-chive sauce, patterned after the linked recipe, Near East rice pilaf, and steamed green beans.

And never fear,
The wine was near.

21 Likes

Holy moly. Already June 12! I have been cooking but fast and furious. No pics! But the kiddo and I made the trek to my parents little 16 acre farm for a couple days so I could work here. Last night’s dinner (made by my mom). Salmon with dill, asparagus, grilled garlic scapes and lettuce from the garden. A few strawberries for dessert!

25 Likes

@gracieggg, umm, I think you need to look up the definition of “a few” as it relates to those strawberries. LOL

5 Likes

Hahaha! My mom has this tremendous garden. This year has 3 50 foot rows of strawberries. Off center but this is a pic of the whole garden.

21 Likes

Who says you have to go out for junk food? Early supper tonight = “greasy noodles” = woked ham, green onion, yellow onion, noodles, soy, Sriracha. Addictive. Two bowls.

21 Likes