What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

BLTs tonight. A little green salad and wine on the side.

22 Likes

Yummmmmmmmm

Looks like a nice tomato.

4 Likes

Yesterday’s dinner - tacos with eggs, portabella mushrooms, shallots, Colby-Jack cheese, crema, salsa, and smoky black Yucateco hot sauce.

Today’s dinner - kimchi pancake and some chive and pork dumplings from the freezer.

25 Likes

Which kimchijeon recipe did you use, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m usually lazy and use a box, but these days… Straight flour recipes just don’t feel quite right to me.

1 Like

I used this recipe from NYT that @zippo1 linked, it uses half flour and half potato starch. I added a little beaten egg because I had some egg leftover from lunch.

6 Likes

I love how you start with “I didn’t feel like cooking” and post a beautiful meal. I mean I get it, but it speaks to this community

6 Likes

Pizza and beers - out!

23 Likes

Pork chop salad plate with tonnato sauce, potatoes seared in pork pan + duck fat

18 Likes

Cantonese clay pot style rice bowl with baby bok choy, broccolini, lap cheong, portobello mushrooms, thousand year old egg, scallions, and seasoned soy sauce. I don’t have a clay pot, used my rice cooker.

18 Likes

Ooh yum!

(Is that All Souls?)

It is! And damn, that greens, leeks, fontina, and mozz pizza was AMAZING! They aren’t offering the spicy shrimp pizza yet, which I still need to try.

1 Like

That looks so good! Never tried one of those eggs.

1 Like

Those potatoes :heart_eyes:

Well, it was just a chicken sandwich and frozen fries! LOL I call that “barely cooking”. But thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

Thursday Lunch: A standard pasta with truffles dish on our monthly lunch menus at home.

15 Likes

Lovely “White Pizza” with greens …

1 Like

@paryzer Behold what we got this week! Thanks to you. It’s fun to use and definitely has helped with some of the rougher wines we’ve opened recently.

To stay on topic, we’re eating chicken pesto pizza and a shrimp scampi pizza from a local joint to accompany the red wine (a cheap, but decent, off-shoot of Caymus).

Sorry about the photo orientation… I just can’t deal with it right now. Because pizza and wine.

11 Likes

Cool! I hope you enjoy it. It helps make some undrinkable wines drinkable, and helps open up the younger wines.

Those pizzas sound really good.

3 Likes

I made pasta In the style of Turkish manti: topped with mint-garlic yogurt, sweet tomato-butter sauce, seasoned ground beef, and topped with melted butter, Urfa and Aleppo chilies, and sumac. Served with homemade hummus and flatbread, grilled zukes, and butter snap peas. Raspberries over yellow cake with sweetened vanilla whipped cream for dessert.

24 Likes