What's For Dinner #57: The Keep On Keepin' On Edition - May 2020

It’s on our SF Trip list… hopefully September. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We haven’t visited a real butcher shop or butcher within a super since sequester. But the time is approaching when I will. Crap meat is, after all, crap meat. Man does not live by bread alone.

3 Likes

FWIW, I have been going to the butcher shop about once a month. I call ahead so that they can package the order. They’d even vacuum pack upon request, but I don’t need that service for the small amount we buy.

Also I ask when their least busy time tends to be, because I want to get and and out fast.

Not cheap, but I can rely on the quality.

4 Likes

Rib cap
mmmmmmmm!

2 Likes

The fire pit chickens took roughly 2.5 hrs because of their size and it was crowded by other contributions, like a large section of foil wrapped potatoes and Its own heavy tin foil treatment but once unwrapped and given time to crisp up the skin came together. The avocado oil, garlic and thyme flavored the bird as I hoped. Once pulled apart of meat was worked into a large bread salad and also served with garlic smashed potatoes. Unfortunately, I wasn’t taking photos while cooking. Next time, I’m going to cut the chickens into 4 parts and wrap each to save time. Well worth making the roasted, softened garlic cloves ahead of time.

4 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

@Saregama,
Do you put tomatoes in your kheema?
Thanks.

Thanks for this info @Rooster - all good to know. It may turn into summer here one of these days, but not here yet. We’ll give your method a try.

Yes, I do.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

If I did not give you props then, I want to give it now. Trying this.

1 Like