What's For Dinner #57: The Keep On Keepin' On Edition - May 2020

Lunch Monday 18th: Oysters on half Shell with a drizzle of lemon and Pasta with Oysters sautéed in combo Sicilian Evoo & French Butter … Had some Champagne for a starter and Saki & Chardonnay for main course …

19 Likes

That looks fantastic. I want pasta. Comfort food Plus !

1 Like

Last night we were celebrating an anniversary. Chilled cava, grilled pork loin with thyme and blackberry vinaigrette, sauteed rainbow chard with shallot, ww mac n cheese, and lemony kale salad. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.

25 Likes

I have a bag of greens that my wife knows can cause me cardiac issues. She wants kale soup. Do I continue normal protocol or toss caution to the wind?

I’m thinking caution to the the wind. Kale soup is soo good

3 Likes

Toss the greens.

5 Likes

Beautiful! Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Uh. No.

5 Likes

I made beef lettuce wraps in the Instant Pot. They turned out great - adding 1/2 cup of rice per the recipe was a good way to tighten up the mixture. Spicy radish salad on the side. The larger leaves of lettuce were a gift from our neighbor.

22 Likes

Your lettuce wraps look terrific!

3 Likes

Had a weird craving for cashews this evening, and decided to scratch the itch with beef cashew stir fry for dinner. I pan seared a flap steak to medium rare, then stir fried red bell pepper, red cabbage, broccoli, garlic, ginger and scallions while the meat rested. Sliced the meat and tossed it in at the last minute with copious toasted cashews and cilantro, plus a sauce made of soy sauce, oyster sauce, sambal oelek and Sriracha. Reaaaaaaaaaaally good.

20 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

We’re still eating through all the produce I bought last week. Thai Basil Chicken with Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy.

15 Likes

Looks good. Never too much veg!

1 Like

I was not really serious. Greens have a lot of vitamin K which increases clotting.

2 Likes

Happy anniversary!

I love your new bitmoji profile image!

1 Like

Today was a busier cooking day than I had expected (or wanted, probably).

We had indian food, which is unusual for a Monday.

I made a giant amount (in my mind) of dal in the PC (well IP really) then split it between the plain dal my mom makes that the kids love, and dal fry for the adults. Have vacuum sealed and frozen the rest in meal portions.

Also roasted cauliflower for the third day in a row :joy: - coated with a spice paste for the adults, lighter for the kids. This is my whole cauliflower prep, sped up given the time to dinner by quartering each head. Turned out very well, and I like more caramelized surfaces so I might keep the shortcut.

Main even was lamb stewed with beets - a family recipe and favorite (and the only way my sibling and I would agree to eat beets - or spinach or okra, other versions of this dish - until well into young adulthood!) made by my grandmother and then my dad (mom too, but this is one of dad’s signatures). Vegetarian version with potatoes. Sibling cooked this, and even with my interventions the lamb took ages, so I ate half my dinner first as a vegetarian plate, and ate the rest once the lamb was done.

Dad will demand a quality report tomorrow :joy:

image image

19 Likes

Wewalka Pizza Dough to the rescue. 'Twas our Monday, WFD…

17 Likes

Such a nice setting! Do you know how much time Mrs. P spends on it during busiest seasons? I have big dreams until April, but get overwhelmed by May. I need to edit to something more manageable for me.

1 Like

Like your lettuce wraps! Congratulations for anniversary!

1 Like

Lovely dish

Grew bok choy once, should grow them again, quick harvest.