What's For Dinner #57: The Keep On Keepin' On Edition - May 2020

My coworker who is Chinese just gave me a jar of this today, though slightly different (label says crispy chili oil).

I can’t wait!

You are in for a treat my man, tho I haven’t yet had the pleasure of trying the crisp yet. But the stuff pictured is amazing. :hot_pepper:

1 Like

Just remember the stock once reduced takes up less space than the bones It was derived from

1 Like

Have to apologize @ChristinaM

I didn’t follow a recipe. Fired up two tablespoons of unsalted butter and a spritz of olive oil in the Wok, then added small diced sweet onions and about two oz of dry roasted peanuts. Sauteed that and just kept adding stuff…

Used a 6.5 oz package of Rice Sticks (prepped to package directions) and Stir Fried vigorously for about four minutes. Then added the sauce to finish:
3 TBLEspoons dark Soy Sauce;
3 TBLEspoons Oyster Sauce;
1 TBLEspoon Sesame Oil.

It was fussed over to assure that I didn’t over cook the Shrimp.

13 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Boneless wings. What are they?

the skate i purchased was $9/ pound. it was super fresh and tasty, but i could have done a better job pan sauteeing for my version of piccata.

You can make that for me anytime. It looks great

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Bread salad soaked in chicken juices and drippings is the BEST.

1 Like

Folks, just a reminder there’s a new June thread.

I’ve had good results with the method using chicken breasts, just dry brining first

1 Like

Sorry about the gone chicken. Actually maybe more upset with the fact that they treated it as a non-issue.

1 Like

Happy birthday!! Lovely meal!

Duh! I’m always late these days!

Love that pappardelle, did she make the noodle?

Fab garden!

1 Like

Now I’ve an idea, torch to cook rather than a finishing touch! LOL!

1 Like

Thank you. No, she used a garlic herb pappardelle from Al Dente Pasta. It cooks in 3 minutes.
https://www.aldentepasta.com/shop/garlic-herb-pappardelle.html

1 Like

May’s last meals:

Friday happy hour!

Galette ham butter and egg

Take out on Saturday night, Petit Cambodge

Bo bun with beef and shrimps

Nataing - Cambodian style red pork, a creamy ground pork dish cooked in coconut milk, served with rice

Spring rolls with pork and shrimped. Lettuces, mint and soy beans (not showed on photo) to make your own wrap.

Another takeout on Sunday, this time from a bistrot in Paris. The transport ruined the plating.

Sea bream tartare with a lemon condiment, pea and salad - we thought there was some avocat in it. A pleasant bitter touch with the lemon condiment. (no idea what that was)

Smoky iberian pork belly, pak choi and potato mousse - pork was ultra tender, and the smoky taste!

Dessert was almond cream with almond cake with Moissac cherries

H bought some pastries from another shop…
Chocolate éclaire

Saint honoré with vanilla and caramel and caramel tart

Lemon pie meringue

Spicy curry fried rice with mussels and prawns

Posting June meals instantly…

18 Likes

All beautiful @naf and love the fact you’re able to be outside, and enjoy friends too.

1 Like