What's For Dinner #57: The Keep On Keepin' On Edition - May 2020

I like spicy, and I like Marcus S. recipes. I THOUGHT I had seen something like that somewhere. I won his Red rooster cookbook on Chowhound.

2 Likes

Yah, I think it’s a popular recipe because it comes right up when you search his name. The flavors are complex but the recipe is easy. It’s probably in your book. Note: the coconut flavor got a little lost, so I would up the coconut milk.

1 Like

Nice, love to see a photo for a visual the next time you make it.

I think it came up in the black-eyed pea discussion? I might’ve posted it.

3 Likes

I made ham and white bean soup with homemade stock and buttermilk cornbread for dipping. It turned out really well!

14 Likes

Looks like I made it!

@TheCookie 's looked so good. Going to make it again!

2 Likes

Haha nice

Easy “summer” dinner here. Grilled chicken and broccoli. First corn on the cob. Sad early tomatoes with basil. This faux rice that is getting good reviews from the clan. We are outside!

19 Likes

Not the prettiest, but i made a version of Chrissy Teigen’s spicy miso spaghetti dish. I used a chef friend’s homemade Sichuan Chili Crunch instead of sambal olek, guanciale instead of bacon, and added sauteed FM mushrooms. I upped the miso and the chili crunch too. Umami-bomb! Friend’s spicy chili crunch is the best I’ve had so far - very Sichuan peppercorn-forward. So, maybe it’s not the same dish, but it was really good.

17 Likes

yeah, maybe that’s it. it just never seemed to make a dent in the pellets.

Probably several recipes. I’ll add them. It’s the journey!

Probably the closest

Or maybe this one…

5 Likes

Corned beef, sautéed rainbow chard and roast purple potatoes

10 Likes

Nice - everything tastes better outdoors.

2 Likes

Strip steak, potatoes au gratin, broccolini, and some mushrooms.

21 Likes

Spinach salad with bacon, poached egg, and warm shallot dressing (mustard, honey, cider vinegar, black pepper added to a little bacon grease).

17 Likes

You had me at the greens

Marry me…

4 Likes

Coming on strong. Typical Leo (and ram). :rofl::triumph:

3 Likes

Fantastic egg!

1 Like

Thank you! I figured you’d done your research.

1 Like