What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Great fresh home made pasta …

1 Like

I made a turkey breast on Saturday with squash, wild rice dressing, asparagus, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Sunday was hot turkey sandwiches with mashed and gravy, dressing, the rest of the squash. Tonight was turkey stirfry with asparagus, radishes, cabbage, broccoli, baby corn, carrots, celery, cocktail onions (yes, I add a few to stir fry), yellow pepper, pea pods, and green beans…Well, maybe it was veggie stir fry with turkey. There’s still turkey left, so if my Dad doesn’t make a sandwich tomorrow, I will be reserving it for turkey soup. I think it was 6-7 lb. I got it a few weeks ago when it was $.99/lb.

11 Likes

My pasta tonight was not homemade and not glorious. Refrigerated cheese tortellini (flavorless), Muir Glenn garden vegetable sauce (more like “Meh” Glen), and local “zesty Italian” grilled sausage (excellent, hope the farm survives).

14 Likes

Ma Po tofu over rice. I added peas for some color and Crispy Chili Sauce for some heat and crunch. I buy Ma Po tofu at a local Asian grocer. It looks like a regular container of refrigerated tofu. Just heat and serve.

14 Likes

Grocery stores here are a real crapshoot these days. Last week I couldn’t get chicken, this week bagged salads were decimated. Who wants chicken and lettuce in a crisis anyway?

Rare ribeyes, tofu mac and cheese, and roasted red peppers with parmesan. Two cheesy dishes in one meal was probably overkill but it didn’t hinder our enjoyment one bit!

12 Likes

oh man, that polenta!

so nice of you to check on your neighbor…

4 Likes

Leftovers tonight, with the addition of the BF’s salad with sliced Italian sausage.

14 Likes

Yum! i use that elote seasoning on my eggs, so good!

2 Likes

Avocado, home chips

Pasta dressed with asparagus puree, tips

14 Likes

Fried fake veggie bologna sandwich with sautéed onions and Kraft singles for Meatless Monday, with a simple salad of arugula and cherry tomato.

11 Likes

They’re still crabbing here on the So. Oregon coast. WFD was fresh off the boat crab cakes, fries and salad with GG Green Goddess dressing. This little beauty gave me four crab cakes so there will be a crab cake benny for breakfast and not sure what the other one will become. Maybe a crab burger.
IMG_2105

20 Likes

Sunday Pot Roast slow cooked in a Stroh’s Pilsner bath.

1. Did not have a Porter or Stout on hand–huge fail;
  2. Monday leftovers. Learned beer cannot be turned into gravy…

14 Likes

Made Chicken cutlets earlier in the day which wound up parm’d with spinach spaghetti and roasted fennel on the side.

Got nothing done outside but I painted 4 rooms inside. Time to chill.

11 Likes

Herculean task! :astonished:

3 Likes

The “dreaded” Pacific NW grilled salmon (dreaded because I have made it for husband almost every week for more than 20 years), with a red cabbage and pomegranate salad, and roasted sweet potatoes.

The roasted sweet potatoes are "store bought ".

Why is it I can buy roasted sweet potatoes with bacon and sherry vinaigrette, but not toilet paper?

17 Likes

I’m sure to pay for it tomorrow…but it sure looks clean and fresh.

1 Like

Cat’s skin problem on the head seems to be on pause after I gave him an extra dose of spot on. For a week, after he got a scratched on his face (cat fight?!), strange buttons kept appearing each day on his cheeks, ears… No idea what it was, maybe flea reaction from the stray cat, maybe mites… I’m glad he stops rotting…

Already more than a week in quarantine. A few meals.

Inspired by the california rolls of @ChristinaM , glad to have found my mat in one of the kitchen drawer and not in the garage. The seaweed was Korean with seasoning on it, it wasn’t the standard Japanese ones… I used cucumber and smoked haddock. H was thrilled!

Creamy endive risotto with smoked haddock and parmesan.

Oxtail braised in Belgian ale Kwak, with concentrated tomato, some old fresh tomato from garden, carrot, fresh bay leaves and thyme, really good. Cooked for 3 or 4 hours.

Chocolate brownies, using the Model bakery recipe, with espresso.

Hainanese chicken rice using the chicken ginger garlic broth from the freezer.

Lasagna using the leftover oxtail beer tomato sauce and some grated gruyère. Very good.

16 Likes

The most gorgeous scallops for dinner tonight. The sides weren’t all that photogenic (split pea thing and sauteed broccoli with shallots).

19 Likes

Fantastic meals!

2 Likes

I feel like I survived a war tonight but, no, just a workday + toddler at home. Looong day. We got carryout pizza and I made a big green salad. Wine was had. No pics.

8 Likes