What's for Dinner #55: The March Forward Into Spring Edition - March 2020

Lovely selection …

Adore traditional hummus … And olives …

1 Like

THURSDAY LUNCH 14.30 - 16.00 …
FAELLA (giant tuve pasta) with tomato sauce, and lard, and sheep milk Pecorno with 2 different White wines.

15 Likes

See if you can get your hands on a bottle of clairin. I read about it in the New York Times and can’t get over it.

Thanks, I’ll look for it. I know off topic but so good you could eat it and I added some peppers which will be my lunch today

These 2 single Barreled Richland Estate Rums arrived today. These were picked by my bourbon group. I was unavailable to run up to Georgia to participate in the tasting. It was around the time of my daughter’s wedding.

Estate grown sugar cane grown in Georgia. From field to bottle. Really nice rums. No added sugar, colorings or flavorings after distillation

8 Likes

The last few meals we’ve had at home were designed to use up what was in the fridge in preparation for vacation. As we ate and drank way to much while away, my first home-cooked meal was a simple soup loosely based on Posole Blanco. Can you tell I love cilantro?

13 Likes

Oops! Mixing up my threads;

It’s
Hangover Curing Pork Belly

1 Like

Quick dinner
Scallops corn and peppers

Would have liked more color on the scallops but ran the risk of over cooking.

17 Likes

Asparagus with orange

Cod, fried rice, rather good tartar sauce

16 Likes

I always love the combination of scallops and corn.

Real nice scallops . Sometimes you want to play chicken or not while cooking. It’s done but maybe we can get closer to the edge. I have fallen a lot . Lol
I’ll continue to do so .

2 Likes

Perfect combination

Celebrated St. Patrick’s day a little early with a traditional corned beef + cabbage meal.

13 Likes

Butter lettuce salad with avocado, corn, and pepitas to start, then chicken malai kabab with naan, plus roasted cauliflower.

I also made maaki dal aka dal bukhara aka kali dal aka black urad yesterday for the others who love it. Not my thing.

11 Likes

Bone in ribeye, cooked in CI on the gas range. No time in the oven; not my best effort, but not too bad. Meat a little chewy.
Perfectly balanced. Meat & potatoes. Wine. Ate maybe half the steak on plate, most of the potato. As @emglow101, says, cheers! :wine_glass:

18 Likes

Cheers .:wine_glass:

2 Likes

Oh jeez . This is a good one . The colors . Asparagus green with orange. I love tartar sauce also .

2 Likes

my Meyer lemon bush was brought into my DR in November. It had around 6-8 lemons ut the leaves are sticky and had been dropping. It is next to my window . The lemons are very sour!! I wanted t make lemon curd but it is cheaper and less aggravating to buy them from TJ’s. I wander if after November, can bring the pot out doors and savage it?

Last night was leftover corned beef and cabbage and bagged Caesar salad. DH and I are going out for lunch so dinner will probably be leftover meatballs and rice and beans. The kiddo is surprisingly un-enthusiastic about leftovers/repeat meals. Wonder where he gets it? :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I’ve never really been a “soup as a meal” guy, but I made my first mushroom soup.
I had wanted it to have more of a creamy consistency, but I’m vegan, so I simply used some almond milk, flax seed mill, and some nutritional yeast. It also had tons of onions, so it also felt a bit like a French Onion Soup (sans melted cheese) with Mushrooms. Added some big hunks of toasted bread as croutons and it came our pretty good.

I’ve also made quite a few noodle/pasta and rice dishes with tastes leaning towards Asian cuisines.

I am looking forward to spring and an abundance of fresh fruit and veggies, so I can cut the carbs I’ve loaded up on during the colder months.

5 Likes

last night’s dinner was 2 lbs of stir fry Patagonia 16 count/ lb red shrimp stir fry with tons of garlic, a tin of anchovy, 4 chipotle in adobo sauce and a couple tsp of the adobo sauce, the juice and eat of a lime and few shakes of Italian seasoning.
This was topped on tomatoes that were roasted in oven with pepper, Evoo, Italian seasoning till juice released. I normally top them with feta cheese then add shrimp on top but son does not eat feta, so I divided the tomatoes into 4 individual Emile Henry’s Lasagna dish, added to one of the dish my feta cheese and then distributed the 32 shrimp in the 4 dishes. My son had one dish, has 2 left overs for his lunch and dinner today. I gave 2 of my shrimp prior to adding the chipotle to each of my poms as appetizer. This was served with coconut rice

Was not able to take pictures before dinner ( as usual-rush) but here is picture of the my remaining left over from last night and the 2 dishes left over for my son.
Today, I am dedicating it to my 2 poms, am too tired to grind their beef so I bought 6 lbs of 89% beef , have to package them individually ( as though I am selling dope) so Luna has 24 gas and Wolfie has 28 gms
Son found a site to teach dogs to talk with 3 colored buttons. One to go out, one when they are hungry and one when they want to drink
I think my babies do not need that. hey talk to me. They go and stand next to door when they have to do their business, Luna goes to her crate when she is hungry and I have 2 basins of water they can help themself which I change morning and evening. Luna kisses me when she wants to come home from the garden, understand words like go to bed, brush their teeth, take a bath, let us go out , duck fillet, ( they start begging when they see the coffee can being taken out of t he fridge knowing it is duck fillet) and I think around 35 or 42 words acc to pet. pom. Incidentally, they wil be featured in Pet Pom soon.

12 Likes